Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car chemistry header instert?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car chemistry header instert?

I installed some longtube headers on my car with an slp loud mouth exaust. The car sounds exactly like what i wanted but it is too loud. So i was looking on the internet and came accross these car chemistry header inserts and was wondering if anyone has installed a set in their car. If so how much quieter is the car, does it still have the same tone and sound, and did it loose any power.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

if these are the cone inserts i think you are talking about, i have read on here where some people lost quite a bit of hp from these. might see what a search on here will bring up
Old 03-03-2009, 01:20 PM
TECH Addict

I too am considering these cone inserts. I would weld a nut to mine where I could remove them for the track and when I wanted to be loud, but the cops and neighbors are sick of my 12" bullets tsp LT set up.

Anybody know how much these tone it down?????
Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I where you I wouldn't put something near the collector. Replace the resonator with the LM2 one. Or even get a Borla bullit and replace it, I actually think the borlamouth sounds bad ***. Going that route won't effect performance at all If you want it loud at times, just put in a cutout infront of the resonator.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think some guy lost a massive amount of hp with them. Do a search and you should find it....
Old 03-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just put on cats and weld a bullet in the I-pipe. Problem solved. A standard Dynomax bullet muffler shouldn't affect tone that much. If anything, it'll make it deeper.