Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

boost referencing

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost referencing

Simple question,

im running a boost only referenced fuel regulator and im measuring FP from an electronic analogue autometer gauge. Thing is I could see 1-2 PSI on the boost gauge and the FP needle doesnt budge, when pressure increases furthermore it jumps to where it should be.

This is referenced just a few 2-3 inches before the throttle body, and the hose path is unobstructed.

Any ideas? because Im referending my boost controller from there as well as per the eboost2 manual.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:59 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ayousef
Simple question,

im running a boost only referenced fuel regulator and im measuring FP from an electronic analogue autometer gauge. Thing is I could see 1-2 PSI on the boost gauge and the FP needle doesnt budge, when pressure increases furthermore it jumps to where it should be.

This is referenced just a few 2-3 inches before the throttle body, and the hose path is unobstructed.

Any ideas? because Im referending my boost controller from there as well as per the eboost2 manual.
Should be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Ahh, I think it should be referenced from manifold pressure, not intake piping pressure. That is the way they did it from the factory on LT1 cars.Where are you getting the signal for your boost gauge? That could be the difference right there.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:10 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ak95ta
Ahh, I think it should be referenced from manifold pressure, not intake piping pressure. That is the way they did it from the factory on LT1 cars.Where are you getting the signal for your boost gauge? That could be the difference right there.
You are right, it needs to be referenced at the manifold (AFTER the TB)
Old 03-03-2009, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

ok, I had to mention this, I want it to be boost reference ONLY.

We vette guys have to deal with a minimum 58PSI of FP to get both tanks to work, so my minimum should be 58PSI which is what its set at right now.

If I have it vacuum and boost referenced with it at 58PSI at vacuum it will go to a crazy high pressure at WOT.

boost is boost should be the same whether its before the manifold or after or at the intercooler for that matter, please correct me if im wrong, but again I do not want it to lower the pressure at vacuum.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ayousef

boost is boost should be the same whether its before the manifold or after or at the intercooler for that matter, please correct me if im wrong, but again I do not want it to lower the pressure at vacuum.
There will be some drop across the IC and piping. The boost will not be the same everywhere.

I have not tuned any 'wild' C6 Z's, so I've never heard of the pressure issue, but there must be *SOME* work around to allow you to properly reference your fuel system.

Why not talk to your tuner?

Quick Reply: boost referencing