Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

transadapt 4575

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transadapt 4575

*&%$*#@&% I got this tonight and they dont fit. The damn things. you can get three bolts in just fine, you go to put the fourth one in and it will cross thread if you drive it home. I obviously didnt proceed. I think If I take a round file to on of the holes I can make it work. What pisses me off is both sides are like this. I tried to flip them and that didnt change things. Maybe I am doing this wrong but I thought there is only one way to put in four bolts. It gets my goat that these things are $45 not that thats a lot of money but its a simple piece of metal with seven holes, pretty tough to screw up. Sorry just venting and wondering if anyone has had this problem with these. They are going on a 5.3
Old 03-03-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am using TransDapt adapters, I don't know if they're the same PN (got mine brand-new, but from another person, rather than a vendor), but I can relate to what you're saying. What I did to get around it is to install all of the bolts through the adapter into the block, but only loosely. Then I tightened all of the bolts, I believe that I more or less treated it like a cylinder head - tightening all of 'em a bit at a time in a rotating sequence. (Hogging out one of the holes might be easier/better, depending on how it's fitting your application.)

And yeah - even though doing that seemed to work just fine for me, it's a load of BS that it's even necessary.

Good luck, I hope this helps ya a bit.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used 4572 transdapt plates worked perfectly.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I remember correctly I had to ream the holes slightly to make mine fit.

Quick Reply: transadapt 4575