Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Saw A Black 2010 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Saw A Black 2010 Camaro SS

well i was driving home from Quiznos and saw a new black Camaro ss parked on the street. first time seeing one in person and ill i can say is GM def did a good job on this car... sorry i wasnt able to take pictures. it was getting dark. they seem as the same width of a F-Boy and a little shorter in length..? back seat seemed like the same space
This was in Santa Barbara and the Camaro had a Michigan license plate..

BUT GLAD TO SEE THEM ON THE STREETS!
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt even know they were out yet
Old 03-04-2009, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

just started!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

I have 2 friends who work for gm 1 has a high position and to clarify things... i think you were either high or thought you saw a ghost because the camaros arnt in production till october and you claim you saw a 2010 I dont think so ....... maybe in a magazine...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:45 PM
Launching!

I know a LOT of people who are claiming to have seen them out here on the West Coast. Turns out to be Challengers.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Michigan plate Camaros are the test ones they have had running around for a while.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Teching In

permaban the OP
Old 03-05-2009, 12:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Um someone posted up the production photos of the camaro, dont know if they have been sent to dealerships yet. Though i would imagine some celebs can get them early for extra dough and publicity.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:45 AM
11 Second Club

there are a few pre production cars, i think the Michigan plate prove this, you all or so quick to judge without knowledge of the car.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:18 AM
Launching!

Funny, saw a Sierra Hybrid today at mcdonalds with company plates. Their not suppose to be out till next month.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:40 AM
On The Tree

They are in production. The local dealer said they would be getting the ordered cars this month.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you have the cash you can get what you want when you want. the tomahawk bike was only a concept but people paid 700grand each and about 20 were made.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tapout97
I have 2 friends who work for gm 1 has a high position and to clarify things... i think you were either high or thought you saw a ghost because the camaros arnt in production till october and you claim you saw a 2010 I dont think so ....... maybe in a magazine...
well thats good for you man.... but i know what i saw TRUST me. when i saw those taillights i turned my car around and parked right next to it and got out. my friends were like wtf are you doing? and i was checking it out for at least 10-15 min. it was a BLACK SS CAMARO had the SS badges on the grille and rear looked JUST like the ones that are being advertised on Chevrolet.com. this wasnt a concept looking camaro. wasnt a challenger or whatever. it was a 2010 Camaro. and yes they are being made and are on the streets. look it up now is the time that they are being in production. dont know whos it was. the neighborhood that it was in WASNT some rich *** area.. I know what i saw. i was in daze and drooling over it. def a bad *** looking car in person!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:48 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
well thats good for you man.... but i know what i saw TRUST me. when i saw those taillights i turned my car around and parked right next to it and got out. my friends were like wtf are you doing? and i was checking it out for at least 10-15 min. it was a BLACK SS CAMARO had the SS badges on the grille and rear looked JUST like the ones that are being advertised on Chevrolet.com. this wasnt a concept looking camaro. wasnt a challenger or whatever. it was a 2010 Camaro. and yes they are being made and are on the streets. look it up now is the time that they are being in production. dont know whos it was. the neighborhood that it was in WASNT some rich *** area.. I know what i saw. i was in daze and drooling over it. def a bad *** looking car in person!
Why are you making this up man?????????
Old 03-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DoggyB22
I wouldn't doubt your story, they have a couple of test fleet vehicles for dealers out right now. We're only a couple of weeks (2 I think) away from Camaro's being on the street. The orders in which people placed through the Chevy website are the ones you'll see..which totaled well over 10,000. Towards summer you'll start to see them on the showroom floors at your local dealership. I've looked into the car before I bought the Firehawk, I couldn't afford it..I mean I could've settled for the V6 (settling for the V6 Camaro IS NOT A BAD THING AT ALL!) but I wanted V8 power. Check my sources on the Camaro5 website, you'll find me there
Old 03-05-2009, 04:55 AM
Teching In

I just wish I could see it in person, I'm in CA towards San Gabriel Valley area..whoever is driving that car please come by!!
Old 03-05-2009, 06:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BOBA_VETT
I know a LOT of people who are claiming to have seen them out here on the West Coast. Turns out to be Challengers.
TOTALLY happened to me like 3 days ago... I saw this car and was like "THE NEW CAMARO!!!!" then got closer and it was a challenger
Old 03-05-2009, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Soul TKR
TOTALLY happened to me like 3 days ago... I saw this car and was like "THE NEW CAMARO!!!!" then got closer and it was a challenger
lol same here.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope haven't seen one yet, but I do know quiet a few people who are keeping strong tabs on this and either this month or next month is the production month according to GM.

The only thing is I have heard and read that the new camaro is not really faster than the LS1's and it feels more like a G8, a comfy american muscle car not a true muscle.

They look sexy and if I had extra money I would buy one as a daily driver, V6 most likely, but hey I will be glad to see camaro's back in the mix.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Nope haven't seen one yet, but I do know quiet a few people who are keeping strong tabs on this and either this month or next month is the production month according to GM.
been hearing that for.... like 3 years?

Quick Reply: Saw A Black 2010 Camaro SS