Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dipstick Tube??!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dipstick Tube??!!

How hard is it to change the tranny dipstick tube and what all is there to doing it? Also is there some kind of special transmission line that i need to use for my cooler because for some reason my line just busted all of a sudden.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default trans flex tube

Originally Posted by BATA
How hard is it to change the tranny dipstick tube and what all is there to doing it? Also is there some kind of special transmission line that i need to use for my cooler because for some reason my line just busted all of a sudden.
I bought one of these kits that replaces the tube&stick with a flex stainless type hose that bolts or snaps in to the tranny and has its own flex stick too! Its like $60or $80 and i love it !and its o ringed on the top & bottom .Also comes with a custon filler bottle that snaps onto the top of the flex line so your not spilling trans fluid all over the place!LOL Its a really nice iteam i found at my local speed shop!thats made for our tranny!
Old 03-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by barnat
I bought one of these kits that replaces the tube&stick with a flex stainless type hose that bolts or snaps in to the tranny and has its own flex stick too! Its like $60or $80 and i love it !and its o ringed on the top & bottom .Also comes with a custon filler bottle that snaps onto the top of the flex line so your not spilling trans fluid all over the place!LOL Its a really nice iteam i found at my local speed shop!thats made for our tranny!
Do you know what the name of it was or how i can go about getting one, although I've already purchased one from the dealer.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Um. Lokar. They make a dipstick for just about anything. They're a hell of alot easier to get in and out of our cramped cars.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:17 AM
STF Veteran

all i did was bend my 4l60 dip stick tube to fit with my th350 and marked it to the appropriate full level when i did the swap and it looks factory and works the same. you just need to make sure your full mark is in the right place so it reads accurate. as for your lines if you wana get out cheap.. go to advance auto or something and pick up rubber transmission hose and you should be fine. also make sure it not rubbing up aginst something bc down the road that can cause a hole and the line to fail

hope that helps