Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS TT kit ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default APS TT kit ?'s

ok so, here's the deal, I bought my 95 Z28 back with a spun bearing, but have already started assembling together the nessacary parts for an LSX swap, but was considering going F/I rather than feeding it a bunch of Nitrous agian..and was looking into the APS TT kit for the LS1's, but my concern is the APS intercooler seems like it's a bit too tal for the LT1 nose and would looks to stick out the bottom a bit, or am I just looking at the pics wrong and it just tilts to the degree like the radiator??... other idea was to fab one up copying the APS system with just a different Intercooler setup...
Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

The FMIC is angled like the radiator. If you can fit the LS1's vacuum cleaner looking air lid under your LT1 hood, you won't have any problems. How would you feel about losing your fog lights and cutting a hole in the front bumper cover to do something like EPP's front mount setup? You'd get better airflow and avoid the potential for overheating that some have experienced. Of course you'd also have to extend the discharge pipes and find a new solution for the pipe between the TB and FMIC.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1greg
The FMIC is angled like the radiator. If you can fit the LS1's vacuum cleaner looking air lid under your LT1 hood, you won't have any problems. How would you feel about losing your fog lights and cutting a hole in the front bumper cover to do something like EPP's front mount setup? You'd get better airflow and avoid the potential for overheating that some have experienced. Of course you'd also have to extend the discharge pipes and find a new solution for the pipe between the TB and FMIC.

Hood clearance shoudn't be an issue with a Cowl hood, was going to use a Glasstek but I think 4" is a lil overkill, so it's down to a Harwood or VFN, as far as the Fog lights go, they are already gone, broke along time ago and didn't feel like replacing them for an outragous price so I just took them off

Quick Reply: APS TT kit ?'s