Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Completing the LS1 in to LT1 swap, gauge problems now.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:48 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Completing the LS1 in to LT1 swap, gauge problems now.

Well the 99 LS1 in to 97 LT1 car swap is almost done. I've only run in to one problem so far, and that's the gauges. I rewired the tach, temp, etc to the body harness. The gauges come on, but the odometer will not show. The tach isn't working, and i don't think any of the gauges are. The backlight for the odometer does show up, and the lights work when you turn the headlights on.

Anybody have any suggestions?

I printed out the diagram for the gauges and stuff so I'm going to go start checking on it tonight, but I'm guessing someone else who has done the swap might have ran in to this problem.

Also I had a fuel pump relay problem. When I bypass the relay the car starts and runs fine. I think alldata had some misprints on their pinouts, because i believe I found the right FPR + signal. It's listed as IAC motor in or out on the body harness connector.. which makes no sense. Anyone else run in to that?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

If the odometer is not comming on then you have no power to the cluster. I'd start there.

How did you wire the fuel pump relay? The LS1 uses a relay under the hood while the LT1 has it behind the driver side kick panel. To make it work you would have had to move the fuel pump relay trigger wire from one of the connectors under the hood to one of the connectors that run into the interior.

Re'
Old 03-08-2009, 01:16 AM
11 Second Club

Well it turns out that the fuel pump relay and the gauge cluster share a ground. Once I fixed that, they both worked!

I'm happy to say my first LS1>LT1 swap is on the road and driving. Other than needing a tune (for the MS3), it runs like a champ!
Old 03-08-2009, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

i cant get my trans to get out of limp. What did you use to power your trans ? I am getting power at the trans but still in limp
Old 03-09-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 3800RS
i cant get my trans to get out of limp. What did you use to power your trans ? I am getting power at the trans but still in limp
Check PIN E at the plug on the trans to be sure it has 12v, if it doesnt, get it to it and all will work fine, if you do then you will need to scan and look elsewhere.

Quick Reply: Completing the LS1 in to LT1 swap, gauge problems now.