LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Need help on P0300

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 10:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help on P0300

Ok I am just about finished with my winter mods. Started the car yesterday all seems fine. But I put it in drive for alittle run around the block and it is missing and under powered like crazy. The first three cylinders on the driver side are not firing. All the other ones I know are firing because I have new headers and I see them peeling and discoloring on the other cylinders. But on the driver side they are pretty much cool to the touch.

I know I am getting spark to those cylinders pulled wires and checked I have to double check if I am getting fuel to those three I dont see why not all others are getting fuel. Would improperly adjusted valves do this if they are to tight or to loose but then again I dont think all three cylinders could be adjusted wrong. I will change the plugs double check firing order on the plug wires on that side. anything else to look for? It is just the driver side front 3 cylinders not firing.

I will post more info in a bit when i find out if the injectors are firing or not. thanks
Old 03-07-2009, 10:36 PM
TECH Regular

Very interested as well. Going through similar problem. Let me know what you uncover as you start eliminating the problems on what it could be.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:53 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ws6manny
Very interested as well. Going through similar problem. Let me know what you uncover as you start eliminating the problems on what it could be.

Well on mine I had all new wires, plugs, MSD Blaster coil, and cap and rotor. Turns out my valves were adjusted to tight as soon as I cranked the car pulled the valve cover I readjusted those rockers and instantly that fixed the problem for those cylinders they were way to tight. That what fixed it for me.

Quick Reply: Need help on P0300