LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Plug Wires and OTVC looms

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plug Wires and OTVC looms

Anyone know what wires and looms i should get im not sure which ones to order and i know most of you run them and know what to get. Also what kind of oil pump should i run? Anyone know where to get a oil pump drive gear?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:47 AM
Teching In

i used the taylor otvc looms form thunderracing.com before and liked them. no melting the wires and they performed good.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:51 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I made my own wires using MSD components, and bought some Made For You looms. I got my stuff from Summit. It wasn't real cheap, but I decided against using Taylor wires. There seemed to be too much negative sentiment.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:58 AM
On The Tree

that was what i thought i would do is just buy some cut to length type. would just a regular 180 degree boot work on the opti? Any thoughts on the oil pump and oil pump drive gear?
Old 03-08-2009, 10:04 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA

I'm not sure what a 180 degree boot looks like. I do know the opti requires a special boot. Summit & JEGS carry them. I think if you buy the correct cut to fit set, it will include the correct boots. I bought bulk wire and all of my boots separately.

Here is JEGs listing for the MSD opti boot, http://www.jegs.com/i/MSD/121/3302/10002/-1
Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Here is Summit's listing for the MSD opti boots, http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 03-08-2009, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BTC
I made my own wires using MSD components, and bought some Made For You looms. I got my stuff from Summit. It wasn't real cheap, but I decided against using Taylor wires. There seemed to be too much negative sentiment.
just curious as to what kept you from getting taylor wires? just wondering if i got lucky with them or something.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:16 AM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by justin
just curious as to what kept you from getting taylor wires? just wondering if i got lucky with them or something.
There just seemed to be a lot of negative feedback for the Taylor wires. There seems to be a lot of negative feedback for almost all wires, but moreso for Taylor vs. MSD. It seemed like a lot of people experienced arcing with Taylor wires. That was just my impression, so I went with MSD.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BTC
There just seemed to be a lot of negative feedback for the Taylor wires. There seems to be a lot of negative feedback for almost all wires, but moreso for Taylor vs. MSD. It seemed like a lot of people experienced arcing with Taylor wires. That was just my impression, so I went with MSD.
cool. i guess i got a good set. thanks.

Quick Reply: Plug Wires and OTVC looms