LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Check engine light, tire pressure system, no remote start

Old 03-09-2009, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light, tire pressure system, no remote start

Just purchased a 2006 Monte Carlo SS Yesterday. Got it for a great price, so am fully aware it may have problems. As of now I've got 3. (A) Tire Pressure system is in need of service according to the DIC (I believe thats what it's called). (B) Service engine light is on (Previous owner says its a gas cap problem) (C) Remote start doesn't work. I've read on here that they may all be connected...but I'm not sure. Just wondering if anyone could help me out here?!

I'm planning on going to the dealer Tuesday, but if there's a cheaper way, let me know!

Thanks!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

scan the codes. autozone etc can do it if you dont want to deal with a dealer. the tire thing is probably just be a bad sensor or 2 (common).

the remote start wont work when a check engine code is showing.

should have had them fix this stuff before you purchased it. could be a couple hundred bucks to fix it all depending on the codes and if somethin worse is wrong.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how many miles on it.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by neilownz
scan the codes. autozone etc can do it if you dont want to deal with a dealer. the tire thing is probably just be a bad sensor or 2 (common).

the remote start wont work when a check engine code is showing.

should have had them fix this stuff before you purchased it. could be a couple hundred bucks to fix it all depending on the codes and if somethin worse is wrong.

I agree. TPMS will probably never get fixed, so you might have to deal with that. I've had mine service 3 different times for that alone and they changed out the antenna. Did the guy sell it to you AS IS? If not I would try to get him to cover any expenses.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:17 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the advice... I bought the car for less than trade-in-value with 60,000 miles. To be honest, I'm absolutely thrilled with my purchase. It's just annoying to have the service engine light on, and the tire monitor system barking at me everytime I start her up. I am totally comfortable paying to get it fixed, I expect it to be a couble hundred dollars. I was just wondering if a simple fix would solve most of the problem (maybe a new gas cap?). Thanks for the info about the remote start, I was not aware of that.
Thanks again everybody!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya i didnt know about the remote start thing either, but that makes sence.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 289 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by ImpSS07
I agree. TPMS will probably never get fixed, so you might have to deal with that. I've had mine service 3 different times for that alone and they changed out the antenna. Did the guy sell it to you AS IS? If not I would try to get him to cover any expenses.
There is a new rcdlr and updated remotes that are supposed to go along with the antenna. If they didn't do those, the antenna is worthless. The new remotes have a star on the back.

Search this Thread