Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

6.5 bazooka subs

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.5 bazooka subs

Welp i hooked these up, and they hardly thump at all? I mean they work. But i honestly thought they'd be alot louder then they are. I tried messing around with the stereo adding/subtracting bass and different things. And it helped alil but hardly did anything. So i guess my question is how loud are they suppose to be?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

with the monsoon amp ?
Old 03-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Launching!

hook them up to a seperate amp and they will sound better, but dont expect anything that loud from them.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

yep the stock amp. I assume its the monsoon. Thanks for the info. I figured they wouldn't be "loud". But there pretty faint.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Launching!

I thought so too. They're not bad, just not quite what I expected.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You don't want too much thumping in the sail panels anyways.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

change your HU, that is unless your looking for that "rattle my car sound". Then go for a real sub. its 6.5" and i don't think you'll find what your looking for out of that small space and without a separate amp. Ask Kee audio. hes got everything from cheep to "the jackhammer" at $5000. Maybe that's what you need?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:14 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Are they powered or unpowered? Running tubes or just the subs? What Ohms are the subs, do they match the monsoon? All of those things will effect your results.
I ran a powered 6.5 bazooka tube and it sounded decent w/ an after market HU on 4ohms.. then the internal amp blew and rigged it with a cheap wal-mart roadgear amp without any change until tonight when I upgraded to a 800W amp and 2 10s. The 6.5 was good enough for over 9 years... but if you want real bass that will hurt your ears, its not gonna cut it.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bazooka is a very low end brand on the level of Pyramid and Pyle. They have a good rep. here for some unknown reason, but rest assured that your opinion of them is correct. They are one SMALL step better than stock.

It's nice to have dealers sponsoring the board and all, but come on people, you need to consider more than just the couple of brands that a sponsor carries if you want the best system. Though at lease Kee carries CDT which is decent.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by dragonrage
Bazooka is a very low end brand on the level of Pyramid and Pyle. They have a good rep. here for some unknown reason, but rest assured that your opinion of them is correct. They are one SMALL step better than stock.
Well yeah... we're talking about replacement sail panel speakers to connect to the Monsoon amp. That means anything that sounds at least as good as the factory speakers and hopefully doesn't fall apart as quickly is a good thing.

I doubt anyone would use Bazooka subs in an audiophile system but as stock replacements they get the job done - they wire up to the DVC connections, they sound somewhat better than stock, they're built to last longer, and they don't cost a fortune.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:20 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Well yeah... we're talking about replacement sail panel speakers to connect to the Monsoon amp. That means anything that sounds at least as good as the factory speakers and hopefully doesn't fall apart as quickly is a good thing.

I doubt anyone would use Bazooka subs in an audiophile system but as stock replacements they get the job done - they wire up to the DVC connections, they sound somewhat better than stock, they're built to last longer, and they don't cost a fortune.
Exactly. I am very pleased with the package from Kee including the Bazooka subs. I was just looking for stock replacements

Quick Reply: 6.5 bazooka subs