General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

drilled rotors

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default drilled rotors

Just bought some new rotors anybody have drilled rotors on there camaro and how do they work? do u feel the difference than the OEM chevy rotors?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nope. OEM Chevy rotors suck as it is though (they're weak). But drilled rotors won't make any difference on a street car. The claim is that its less rotating mass and it can help dissipate heat - but really that concept is if your pushing the car really hard. Plus if the rotor isn't cast with the holes in them (so if its a blank that was drilled) the holes can crack causing uneven braking or worse.

Brembo rotors (or any good blank rotor) and OEM GM or Hawk pads makes a good street car setup. Check our sponsors to the right if your interested.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Unless you go to a bigger/better caliper, you're not going to feel any difference in braking power with the same sized rotors.

However, I do recall reading some threads with some good information pertaining to their durability... Something about how slotted rotors in particular can dissipate heat and gases more efficiently, thereby subjecting the rotor to less heat that can add to wear and warping...

I'm currently using Powerslot rotors and Hwak HPS pads on an otherwise original LS1 F-body braking system. LOL, my OEM rotors starting warping badly at 14k miles when my red TA was brand new... POS's.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Default rotor pros from e bay

[img=http://i[img=http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/9510/car260di8.th.jpg]
mg516.imageshack.us/img516/9510/car260di8.th.jpg]lolol