Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowered- Thrust Angle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 05:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered- Thrust Angle?

I need to find a alignment shop that is experienced in dialing in a lowered car- Can someone recommend a shop in the Atlanta metro area? What sort of numbers should I see for the correct thrust angle? - Have had this done twice at places that are supposed to know what they are doing. Still don't feel it's correct. Rearend sits about a half an inch to the left of center line. - looking at the rear of the car. Measurements were taken with the suspension loaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:00 PM
wrencher

Default Re: Lowered- Thrust Angle?

Why dont you "roughly " adjust your panhard & re-center the axle?

That is not something that is normally adjusted (on alignment) on car because stock they are non-adjustable.

Lowered cars usually require a custom alignment,maybe look for someone that specialize's local??
Old 10-18-2003, 12:27 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Lowered- Thrust Angle?

Pee Dee, you will have to adjust the PHB on your own to center the axle. Then, let the alignment shop work their magic. It will be much better after that.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Staging Lane

Default Thanks for the Input

Trackbird & Wrencher,
Thanks for your thoughts on correcting the thrust angle. I have been away for a while due to death in the family.
Tried adjusting panhard rod, every possible way and could not get the rearend back to center. Decided to drop the rearend and do some comparisons to the stock setup. Low and behold- found that the spring/lca fixtures on this 12 bolt were not positioned correctly before they were welded on. They were 5/8" to the right of where they should have been positioned. Broke out the plasma cutter and burned those off the axle. Ordered new fixtures form GM- severe duty- and welded them in place- correcting the pinion angle in the process. Had the alignment checked yesterday- dead on. The car is right now,
hooks up and handles like crazy. Also, no darting around on the road.
Still have a bit of tire rub and bouncy ride- going to try a set of airbags in the rear springs to see if it helps. If not, I will probably look into the ride height adjusters.
Thanks again- You guys have a great Turkey day!
PeeDee

Quick Reply: Lowered- Thrust Angle?