Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibration at high speeds, and jolts when coming to a stop?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Vibration at high speeds, and jolts when coming to a stop?

Alright guys, here's my problem. I've noticed that I have a vibration in the trans. tunnel when I'm on the highway starting around 70-75mph. I've also noticed that when I'm coming to a stop at a light or in traffic I can feel a jolt in the drivetrain while I'm coming to a stop. So I did a visual check on the trans. itself. I noticed that my trans. mount was broken, so I put a new poly mount in. Now it's a lot worse, and now I'm dreading that it might be the internals or the TC. The car only has 53,000 miles on it, and it's never been to the track. What do you guys think?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would say it was the broken mount and now yoru stock tq arm is bent and the poly mount make everything 100% worse and i would say you have 2:73 gears and a steal DS
Old 03-10-2009, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Well I have an Alum. DS, and 3.23's so that's out. I don't race the car or do hard launches, so how could my TQ arm be bent?
Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

With the poly mount you will have vibration there is a very good reason GM used a soft rubber mount ,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-10-2009, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

I guess I'll pull out the poly one and put a 1LE rubber mount in. lol
Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sound like the converter isnt releaseing Do you hit the brakes before slowing down or does this do it when just letting of the gas? Next time it does that jerking just tap the brakes and see what happens with that jerking feeling in the trans. Because isnt there a sensor in the trans connected via brack pedal,,, that disingauges the converter then its fully locked up?and when you touch the brakes is suppose to disingauge it? Im just guessing here guys.. Not an expert, but is something ive heard or picked up on here over the years of all these post!
I know my stage 3 rossler4L60 tranny has some type of vac check valve on it that does something too but not really sure EXACTLY how it works.i think it shifts my secound into 3rd really quick to protect my rev limiter some. ((If you really want to know ))?Call Rossler transmissions,and ask for the owner Carl!! Hes the man here in PA and Ohio and does performance trannys for guys all over the country. He'd be able to tell you in 5 minutes after answering a few of his questions and hes not like these typical ******** that would waste time with you (a non paying customer)!Hes totally the opposite!! Trust me! Call him. Hes in Ohio
Good luck!Barnat Tewll him i told you about him and your a buddy LOLCause he actually likes me for some unknow reoson LOLmaybe because i wore my 80s tight pants up there one day LOLjust messen my man .Call em

Last edited by barnat; 03-10-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by barnat
Sound like the stall isnt releaseing Do you hit the brakes before slowing down or does this do it when just letting of the gas? next time it does that jerking just tap the brakes and see what happens with the jerking feeling that your felling in the trans. Because isnt there a sensor connected to the brack pedal that disingauges the converter then its fully locked up?
That's kinda what I was thinking. I don't know if it's a sensor or just the PCM programing that tells the converter to lock and unlock.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:58 AM
12 Second Club

hmmm very interesting. my car acts this way also. well time to buy a stall.