Sponsored by:

help me t-shoot

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me t-shoot

here is my setup https://ls1tech.com/forums/introduct...61-so-cal.html

my motor has a nasty dead spot only at a certain rpm range around 1-3000 rpm it just loads up real bad and almost sounds like it is detonanting. so bad i cant even get the car to move, and then it will eventually clear out after i get the rpms up but it takes alot to get them up. this problem only exists when the engine is warmed up, specifically 150 deg on the water temp. runs good before it reaches that temp.

recent maint was plug change, so i out the old plugs back in same problem. was running race gas so i switched to 91 same problem now i have a mix of 91 and race gas.

i cleaned up the injector wires and alot of the harness wires on the engine since alot of them were just hangin, but everything is plugged in and all wires wiggled still the problem exists.

ive changed fuel pressure from 35 to 60 psi and it seemed to get a little better on the lower end of the psi range..

my buddy has had his scan tool on it and tested all sensors and injectors with no issue?

im lost
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you pulled the 02 sensors to see if there all carbed up?
Old 03-11-2009, 10:41 AM
Teching In

i will do that tonight, just hard to believe that would be the issue since it just started happening after the recent maintenance.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Teching In

back to the top