Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What set-up would you recommend for my H/C car??

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What set-up would you recommend for my H/C car??

I am installing Absolute Speed stage 2 5.3's and a 230/236 cam soon. I was seriously thinking about spraying also..

What kit do you recommend for a 75-150 shot? Also would I need to do ARP rod bolts, and a forged internal for 430-450 rwhp N/A, and 550-600 rwhp on juice???

Let me know...also would a intake fuel pump and injectors be enough, or should I do fuel rails and inline pump as well???

Sorry for the stupid question but...I have read a lot...and still need some help with N20!!

Thanks
Old 10-19-2003, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: What set-up would you recommend for my H/C car??

Can a brotha get any help????
Old 10-19-2003, 05:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Well this is just my experiance,

My rings went out on me 5 days after I tuned my car with nitrous. I was only jetted at about 550rwhp and 600+rwtq and did 2 quick runs and thats all it took. If I were to do it again with a stock bottom end h/c motor I would only spray a 100 shot. Just so you can enjoy the car a little longer then I did.

I thought for sure I would get atleast 1 year out of my set up. I have the NX wet kit which gave me exactly 100 rwhp with the 100 shot and so on plus I had the Walbro 340 intank so my fuel and tuning was covered but not the internals. Some cars are different, some can take the abuse longer. I have been spraying the **** out of this motor for almost 3 years now so I guess it was time.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

So you sprayed that engine for a couple years before any problem...or you had a problem right when you put the juice on it???

I just want to know if I will be safe up to a 150 wet shot???

I will do a fuel pump...but will I be border line with the bottom end??

A lot of people have told me that I will be fine...but don't go over the 150. Even Nitrous dealers have told me to get the fuel pump, and heads and cam installed, and a 150 shot and let it rip.