Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those who have installed TSP Duals come in!

Old 03-12-2009, 12:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those who have installed TSP Duals come in!

Alright so for those of you who have installed the TSP Dual kit, how did you go about drilling the holes for the hangars? Did you just cut the carpet or pull it all up? Im thinking about just drilling from the bottom to see where on the carpet it pokes through and slitting the carpet there...Also how many bolts hold the rear seat in and roughly where are they located? Any other tips would be greatly apprectiated!

Thanks,
Josh
Old 03-12-2009, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

How you are thinking about doing it is the way I did it. Just be careful when the bit goes through it will want to suck up the pad. I also made some rubber isolators for between the body and the hanger, don't know if it actually helped but its there. And the buckets have one 13mm bolt in the middle of the front of the seat. If I remember right you don't need to remove the upper part of the rear seats.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by '00Formula
How you are thinking about doing it is the way I did it. Just be careful when the bit goes through it will want to suck up the pad. I also made some rubber isolators for between the body and the hanger, don't know if it actually helped but its there. And the buckets have one 13mm bolt in the middle of the front of the seat. If I remember right you don't need to remove the upper part of the rear seats.
This is like exactly what I had planned, what did you use for the rubber isolators? I was going to go to Ace and pick up the hardware, dont know what yet, but figured they would have what I need. I figuered the less metal to metal the less vibrations there would be in the car.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

I used some old radiator hose I had, not the easiest to cut but its what I had laying around.

Search this Thread