Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Is it possible to add an aux input on an GM radio?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is it possible to add an aux input on an GM radio?

Basically my Aztek has a button thats saids cd/aux yet I cannot find an AUX input anywhere on the damn thing. This is a 2003 which basically has the same GM radio that every other Pontiac came with at the time. I'm trying to hook my Zune to it so I can listen to MP3's without having to go after market (trying to spend as little money as possible) but before I pull out the radio I was going to see if anyone knew if it had an AUX input on the back. If not is it possible to somehow add an AUX input to the radio? And before anyone ask yes I have tried used an FM transmitter and the SQ is about the same as a man slapping himself in the *** with a straw broom.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are several posts on this. Check the Monsoon FAQ at the top.

EDIT: I should have given a little more info I guess. The changer port adapters WhiteBird mentioned below are discussed in the Monsoon FAQ.

Last edited by OhOneWS6; 03-15-2009 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

There is no auxiliary input on that head unit. The AUX in CD/AUX refers to the optional external CD changer.

There is information on how to modify the head unit in this thread. Otherwise, you'll have to by a CD changer port adapter.

Quick Reply: Is it possible to add an aux input on an GM radio?