Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

teflon vs rubber

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default teflon vs rubber

I been getting mixed reviews on what kind of line i should run for my tranny lines. I had originally thought i was just going to run stainless steel braided rubber lines but now when i went ot the speed shop to order it the guy said I should use the teflon coated stainless lines. Is he just trying to upsell me or is this true. He mentioned that the materials in the ATF would eat at the rubber line over time and I owuld have to do the job over again. I went ot another hsop and they said I would be fine with the reg stainless lines. There is a good amount of price differense between the 2 lines and I would have to use all different more expensive fittings also. Im not trying to cheap out I just would like to know if its nessacary or not.

Also another question, I ordered just about the biggest cooler b&m made for my tranny. Should I still run it threw the radiator or should I bypass it and just use the tranny cooler?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

i always use the teflon inner core stainless-hate assemb. the fittings, but the stuff doesnt deterioate-some of the rubber/stainless has a special lining that would work, but some of the cheaper stuff doesnt-i used some heater hose years ago for p/s return line, the ATF melted it, i would imagine it would have the same effect on cheap stainless-i prefer to not run my cooling lines thru the rad if installing a good cooler

Quick Reply: teflon vs rubber