Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Been away for a little while, wanted to stop in and give a few updates....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Been away for a little while, wanted to stop in and give a few updates....

I was having a problem with #1 cylinder being lean and I had a helicoil in that spark plug hole and I ruled everything else out, so I pulled the head to get the helicoil taken out and have the hole welded, redrilled and tapped. Got it back and put everything back together and got my big shot plate back from Steve Johnson from getting flowed and threw it back on. I haven't gotten a chance to go racing for a while, b/c me and my fiancee have been in the process of buying our first home, which we closed on yesterday and I decided to hit the track after closing to finally test the car and see if my problem was gone. So we got there, I made a couple motor hits to make sure the tune was on, and it was running awesome, 10.9's @ 127.7's all three passes. So I started with the smallest jets I had (175 shot/73 jet) and made a hit, I had been messing with a ramp on the progressive for a bigger shot to try and keep the car down and just left that in the controller and the car left really soft and went a 1.46 60' and a 6.23 @ 113.38, I cut it at the 1/8th to pull plugs and see if my problem was gone, and sure enough it was, but the car was still very fat on the tuneup. But since the problem was gone I bumped back up to the 93 jet which on the cheater plate said it was a 250, but on the new big shot plate says it's a 275. So I went out to make the run, and the program I put in the progressive worked perfect, kept her down and moving out instead going up on the bumper, went a 1.34 60' and got a new best 1/8th mile pass of 5.88 @ 114.98!!!!! Cut it at the 1/8th checked plugs, plugs were confirming the wideband, super rich, worse than the 73 jet tuneup, wideband was showing 10.0 - 10.2. So I packed it in for the night, will go back with more bottles, lots of extra plugs and when I have some time to prepare instead of doing a last minute thing and try and get it dialed in, also going to try and meet up with Steve Johnson @ a race he'll be attending so I can get his opinion on the plugs and make sure what i'm thinking is correct and see what he suggests for adjustments, but I am very very happy with how it's running, I think I might have a shot at a 8.9x just on the 93 jet and eventually the plan is to bump up to the 116!

Anyways, here's a little video, first run is one of the runs on the 73 jet, and the second run is on the 93 for the 5.88 pass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhA8qfc0VX0

And here's a picture of the new house, so happy i'm finally going to have a garage to keep the camaro in and work on her in!

How's everybody here been doing, hopefully well!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:13 AM
TECH Junkie

BTW, here's the slip:

And here's the ramp I setup in the fjo controller, which I must say is an awesome controller, I love this thing!!!!

Had everything in by .6 seconds out, the intial 50% leave for .2 seconds and then the smooth ramp to 100% over the next .4 seconds softened up the hit and just got her moving out instead going up to the bumper!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:27 AM
9 Second Club

hey congrats man thats great. Nice pad 2
Old 03-14-2009, 10:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
hey congrats man thats great. Nice pad 2
Thanks man!

I also forgot to mention, I finally got a chance to weigh the car last night and i'm pretty happy with the weight, especially considering i'm still on the stock kmember and aarms, 3085 without me in it and w/o the bottle, with me it was 3345 (i'm 260) and with a full bottle it should be just under 3370 (didn't have the bottle in when I weighed it, so i'm guestimating with the weight of a full bottle).
Old 03-14-2009, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

Great runs. Nice looking house. Congrats.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

congrats! We carried my buddies car out and tested it on the 200 shot and we were spinning too much to get in the 5's but it did go a 6.00 @ 119.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by silverbeast
congrats! We carried my buddies car out and tested it on the 200 shot and we were spinning too much to get in the 5's but it did go a 6.00 @ 119.
Nice mph!!!! Get it to hook up and that things gonna really fly!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 06:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice pass Devon.... and congrats on the new garage
Old 03-14-2009, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrates on a great way to start the year of. Don't let your fiance fill up your garage with crap like my wife has done to mine. LOL
Old 03-14-2009, 09:01 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice job on the runs and the house. I'm looking into buying the place I'm renting now.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
Congrates on a great way to start the year of. Don't let your fiance fill up your garage with crap like my wife has done to mine. LOL
Hahaha, no way, she already knows the garage is mine, I told her she can pick the house, have everything she wants with the house, all I care about is the garage and I told her i'd be nice and let her keep the GTO in there when i'm not working on the Camaro, but when i'm working on it, the GTO stays outside!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SLowETz
Nice pass Devon.... and congrats on the new garage
Thanks dude!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Nice job on the runs and the house. I'm looking into buying the place I'm renting now.
Cool man, now is the time to buy!!! A couple years ago we were planning on moving to North Carolina when Brit finished school b/c there was no way in hell we could afford to buy a place here in south florida, but b/c of the way the market is right now, we got a steal on the house and it's almost brand new, built in '06 and in great shape and everything we wanted in a house with plenty of room for when we have kids, she'll be done with school April 24th and once she starts working her entire salary will be extra money and we should be doing pretty good, I can't wait to make a few little upgrades i've been wanting to make, we just got very lucky with the way things have come along and the timing on everything, I don't usually get lucky like this, so it's a nice change!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:58 PM
9 Second Club

Congrads!
I posted over on YB also.
Old 03-14-2009, 10:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ATVracr
Congrads!
I posted over on YB also.
Thanks dude, when you going to get a chance to make a hit with your new setup, that intake/fogger setup looks sweet!!!!! That's one of the upgrades I want to make, a set of ET (or LX, whatever the new name is) heads and intake with a 4500 accufab!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:31 PM
9 Second Club

I'm still 3 weeks out.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Nice mph!!!! Get it to hook up and that things gonna really fly!!!!

Thanks, We were trying to get a set of MT drag radials to hook but they were being difficult to say the least. We were cutting 1.35 60's but it was hazing the tires the whole time. anyway congrats on your times and looking forward to seeing your times getting faster once you get the tune dialed in.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:08 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Cool man, now is the time to buy!!! A couple years ago we were planning on moving to North Carolina when Brit finished school b/c there was no way in hell we could afford to buy a place here in south florida, but b/c of the way the market is right now, we got a steal on the house and it's almost brand new, built in '06 and in great shape and everything we wanted in a house with plenty of room for when we have kids, she'll be done with school April 24th and once she starts working her entire salary will be extra money and we should be doing pretty good, I can't wait to make a few little upgrades i've been wanting to make, we just got very lucky with the way things have come along and the timing on everything, I don't usually get lucky like this, so it's a nice change!
My place is pretty much a piece of crap. My dad.used to live in the one two doors down in the early 80s. It is a block away from the beach, has a two car garage (if we rip out one of the walls), is right across the street from my parents and is relatively cheap. I'm sure I can get it relatively cheap and the mortage will be less than I am paying in rent. Plus I can take out an extra 10k, finish my formula, and get my 93 setup as a rolling chassis.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Junkie

nice runs man. Nice house too. My wife and I are in the process of buying a short sale.. Its a 4 bed, 2.5 bath 2 story built in 2006 for 240k...we bid 149k Having a recession proof job helps in this economy Who was the builder of your house?
Old 03-15-2009, 09:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99FormulaM6
nice runs man. Nice house too. My wife and I are in the process of buying a short sale.. Its a 4 bed, 2.5 bath 2 story built in 2006 for 240k...we bid 149k Having a recession proof job helps in this economy Who was the builder of your house?
Yeah dude, this one was a foreclosure, built in '06 4/2/2 .25 acre lot, 1897 living square feet/2607 total square feet and we got it for 115k and got the bank that owned it to agree to pay all closing costs and prepaids, so we only had to out of pocket the 3.5% down payment for the fha loan and the $270 we paid for the inspection!!! I'm not sure who the builder was, but I can try and find out.

BTW, who do you work for? No job is recession proof, but it does help to work for a big company that doesn't get hit as hard.