Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What ETs are you running with a Performabuilt level 2 and FLT level 3 tranny?

Old 03-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What ETs are you running with a Performabuilt level 2 and FLT level 3 tranny?

I have basically narrowed down my choices to these two trannies and wanted to get some more opinions.

Currently my car is a bolt-on Z28 with the mods in my sig and will be adding a cam along with the tranny and new stall (either Circle D, FTI or Performabuilt) and looking for close to 400rwhp and a high to mid 11 ET.

Those who have an FLT level 3 tranny or Performabuilt level 2 tranny, what kind of times have you ran and what power are you putting down?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Times in sig with mods...hopefully Thursday I can knock those down a little more. If you go with FLT, you can rest assured that you're getting the highest quality transmission on the market that will take a beating all day long and never miss a beat. Vince has dedicated years to perfecting these units, and every time you think it can't get any better, they come up with a new trick. I truly believe you won't find a tougher unit out there.

On that note, I don't know that a different tranny would really affect ET that much. What I mean is if I ran a Performabuilt, I'd expect to run the same ET. Good luck either way. You're really going to wake that car up!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Thanks.

I know the ETs will not differ between the two trannies but looking at durability when running 11s or better on a daily driven car.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

you mentioned 400 hp & that is about where i am at, FLT lvl4 & YANK pt4000,dynoed 407rwhp & ran an 11.08 @ 121 with a 1.48 60'

FLT & YANK are a great combo.......search is your friend,search the companys you like in sponsor feedback & in the tranny section,when looking for a cam search that section .......good luck!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 92StangMan
Thanks.

I know the ETs will not differ between the two trannies but looking at durability when running 11s or better on a daily driven car.
Got it...mine has been very durable. I don't get to race as often as I'd like, but I drive my car often, and I'm not easy on it. It does what it's supposed to do every time without fail. I searched for several months before I purchased, and I'm extremely satisfied with my decision. Good luck.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:15 AM
9 Second Club

10.1 with performabuilt LV2 ON SPRAY. I have had several low 10 sec passes on my tranny shift hard and have ran the tranny for almost 3 years with no issues. I have logged over 260 track passes and went thru 2 motors and the tranny is still going strong.Go with performaBuilt and you cant go wrong. Call Frank.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:21 AM
9 Second Club

vid and time slip. this is a full weight car w/ air condition has no weight reduction. 3500 stall and pulles a 1.45 60ft
Old 03-15-2009, 04:49 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Lets compair apples to apples!!!!!

Keep in mind that our level 3 trans is our entry level trans. I would like to see you in a level 4 because I really like to use sleeved input drums. Just makes for a stronger trans and we also make a bearing style beast shell. The level 4 does come with a couple of new updates we are using these days as well.

The level 3 from us comes with many new parts over our competition. Here are just a few that I am aware of from previous experiences. New internal wiring harness, new solenoids, new Delco separator plate, Delco pressure plates for the input drum, Sonnax wide rear sun gear bushing, trans-go HD 2 shift kit, sonnax parts in both the pump and valve body. All transmissions come with a fully in house machined pump which include surface machining of both pump halves. This includes new AC Delco pump slide, AC Delco rotor, AC Delco rings, vanes, new boost valve, pressure regulator valve, High Rev pump slide spring, and a new pivot pin. All cases are stripped down to a virgin aluminum finish and all seal surfaces are polished. All valve bodies are fully disassembled, cleaned spotless, and checked for proper bore tolerances. Then a trans-go kit is installed with a couple sonnax parts and as mentioned above with all new solenoids. I honestly do not think that apples to apples are being compared here when looking at the price of these transmissions nor to how fast they have gone. Also look at what you are purchasing. Make sure you are getting your moneys worth out of your purchase and not a bunch of smoke and mirrors. Here is a thread that was started back in the fall with one of our entry level 3 transmissions that definitely proves the strength of a FLT transmission. Here is the link. Vince

https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...-363-60ft.html
Old 03-15-2009, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

That ta was hauling ***
Old 03-15-2009, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

That's moving out!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT

damnnn.............
Old 03-17-2009, 07:22 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
That's moving out!

Hell yes! I was at the track that day when Z8's made that pass. Chuck looks over at me and says would you believe that is a level 3? Damn!!!! Had to go over and talk to our customer and congratulate him. Definitely a great testimony for FLT. Thanks again guys. Vince

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What ETs are you running with a Performabuilt level 2 and FLT level 3 tranny?