Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any concerns with my set up?

I'm swapping out my stock rear parts (finally) for the following:
BMR adjustable LCA's
BMR adjustable PHR
Edelbrock torque arm (non adj)
Eibach pro kit spring
Relocation brackets

Is there any problems with this set up? I already have KB DD SFC's installed. My only concern would be the torque arm not lining up with everything else???
Old 10-21-2003, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Default Re: Any concerns with my set up?

I would pass on the relocations. They will drop your rear end more than you care for. I just did a similar set up. see my signature for details. At any rate... it's good stuff
Old 10-21-2003, 05:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Relocation brackets will not affect the ride height unless you have them welded in incorrectly or they are defective somehow. They are intended merely to lower the LCA attach points on the axle.

Droptop, your list looks fine to me except I would strongly consider substituting LGM poly/rod LCAs and Adj.PHR for the BMR parts.
Old 10-22-2003, 11:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Relocation brackets will not affect the ride height unless you have them welded in incorrectly or they are defective somehow. They are intended merely to lower the LCA attach points on the axle.

Droptop, your list looks fine to me except I would strongly consider substituting LGM poly/rod LCAs and Adj.PHR for the BMR parts.
Agree with that statement.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:08 PM
On The Tree

until you do it and it drops. Don't come crying to me if it turns out like horse poo.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Relocation brackets allow the LCAs to be lowered to level to prevent wheel hop. It's the ONLY thing they connect to.

LCAs Are for lateral locating and stabilizing the diff. Springs are what define ride height.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agree with that statement.
I agree as well. The springs support the rear of the vehicle and they are responsible for "lowering" a vehicle.

until you do it and it drops. Don't come crying to me if it turns out like horse poo
As for that thought.... I'm not sure where that came from but would be interested in more info as to why you think the relocation brackets changed your ride height, it sounds like there may be a problem somewhere.
Old 10-23-2003, 10:15 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Skip the BMR LCA's and go with LG. I've had both.
Old 10-23-2003, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why would you want adjustable LCA's? Just asking.

I know there has been concern over BMR parts as of late, but I am running virtually all BMR with no issues (yet).

I have:

BMR rubber/poly fixed tubular LCA's
BMR bolt in relocation brackets - helped rid straight line wheel hop.
BMR adjustable panhard
BMR adjustble torque arm - helped straight line traction.
BMR weld in tubular SFC's
BMR solid front and rear sway bars.
SLP Eibach Springs
Bilstein Shocks

I by no means am an expert, just sharing. Car handles very nice, and is a convertible. Never had it hard on a road coarse, and have drag raced a few times. I'm happy
Old 10-23-2003, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

FWIW the LCA mounts *could* effect the ride height if they were in a bind with the torque arm. This would require you to have a torque arm WITHOUT a fore-aft slider mount (I believe madman's is like this).

If the rear end cant locate rotationally or front-back, then the ride height will have to change to accomidate whatever the lca length is. Changing the lca mount could easily have this same effect if it changes the fore-aft location.

Now most torque arms can move fore aft, and while there may be some initial friction "binding", once you drive around a bit everything should settle and your ride height should be the same.

Old 10-23-2003, 01:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Why would you want adjustable LCA's? Just asking.
IMO, there's no real need for adjustable LCA's (I run mine at stock length anyway), but generally when you have a heim joint on one or both ends the tube will have to be threaded to accept the rod end, and therefore, it becomes adjustable even if it doesn't really need to be.

FWIW, my LG poly/rod LCA's are every bit as quiet as the BMR rubber/poly LCAs they replaced. I have heard some complain of increased noise, but that wasn't my experience. Just thought I'd throw that out in case noise is a concern...
Old 10-23-2003, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

FWIW the LCA mounts *could* effect the ride height if they were in a bind with the torque arm. This would require you to have a torque arm WITHOUT a fore-aft slider mount (I believe madman's is like this).

If the rear end cant locate rotationally or front-back, then the ride height will have to change to accomidate whatever the lca length is. Changing the lca mount could easily have this same effect if it changes the fore-aft location.

Now most torque arms can move fore aft, and while there may be some initial friction "binding", once you drive around a bit everything should settle and your ride height should be the same.

Good information. I can see where that might happen and cause a ride height change. Any thoughts to why it would happen upon a change and not with the originals?
Old 10-24-2003, 10:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 78 Likes on 64 Posts

I have a similar set up & am very pleased.
Very quiet, yet responsive.
No road noise @ all!!
Bilstein HD's, LGM Hypercoils,LGM Adj. phr, LGM Swaybars,BMR Tubular SFC's, BMR LCA's.
Works nicely for me....

Quick Reply: Any concerns with my set up?