General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

weird...this sh*t dont make any senes to me...

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird...this sh*t dont make any senes to me...

ok last weekend i installed lpp long tubes and ORY (there are awesome if your on the ropes about what to pick you wont be upset with this product IMO) prior to the install i had a SES light on for the lean banks 1&2 ported my maf sensor so that was expected. after the in stall of the headers and pipe i removed the cats, air pump, and all the stuff that goes with it. i reinstalled my O2 sensors (all four of them) with no sims... the weird...after the about 25 miles for driving and two key cycles my SES light turned off...now i havent had a chance to hook it up to a tech2 at work but i would think that with all my air stuff off and no cats plus my maf i would diff have a SES light on? i dont have a tune so they werent deleted does any body have and insight on this? any thought to throw out there on how this happen? now im not complaning but just wondering.
thanks
Mike

Last edited by SHibbY01WS6; 03-15-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Hmm. You have rear O2 sensors with an Off-road Y pipe? They might come back on over time. Just go ahead and look into getting a mail order tune or any tune for that matter.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HoLLo
Hmm. You have rear O2 sensors with an Off-road Y pipe? They might come back on over time. Just go ahead and look into getting a mail order tune or any tune for that matter.
Yeah i do more or less just to plug the holes..i know there useless with a ORY
Old 03-16-2009, 02:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine didnt throw a code for or rear o2s until lots of driving. Just get em tuned out
Old 03-16-2009, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sometimes it takes several hundred miles of driving before the code for those rear O2s will pop. As for the lean code...most of the time adding headers with result in a rich condition, so probably offset the lean condition enough to cancel the SES light.
JC