Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kyb adjustment with strano spring?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default kyb adjustment with strano spring?

i know this isn't an ideal drag setup but my car is not a "drag-only" car. i was curious what shock settings everyone was using for the kyb shocks? i do have strano springs to so that may affect it as well. the car already has a tunnel mounted torque arm, LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, etc. i have the kyb agx shocks on the front and the rear. i would think that you would want stiffer in the rear and softer in the front but i have no idea. i am looking for a good starting point for straight-line traction. thanks
Old 03-17-2009, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

i guess not many people use kyb agx shocks for drag racing. lol
Old 03-17-2009, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cals400ex
i know this isn't an ideal drag setup but my car is not a "drag-only" car. i was curious what shock settings everyone was using for the kyb shocks? i do have strano springs to so that may affect it as well. the car already has a tunnel mounted torque arm, LCA's, LCA relocation brackets, etc. i have the kyb agx shocks on the front and the rear. i would think that you would want stiffer in the rear and softer in the front but i have no idea. i am looking for a good starting point for straight-line traction. thanks
I just put a set on mine and will test them at the track this weekend. I will let you know. Ive been told that these shocks do well on #1 or #2 (front shocks) for drag racing. What kind of 60 ft times are you cutting?
Old 03-17-2009, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have no times on these shocks yet. it doesn't apper the car is hooking very well though. i am set on 4 in the rear and 2 in the front right now.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:49 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i ran them last week on 6 in the front and 4 in the back. cut a 1.76 60ft. car wasn't running 100%. could have probably gotten even lower. hooked up real good though.