Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTs + ORY on '02 Z28 - am I missing anything?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question LTs + ORY on '02 Z28 - am I missing anything?

I've read through the FAQ and want to make sure I'm 100% ready to go when I finally install the stainless Hooker LTs and TSP ORY I've had sitting around for 3+ years in a few weeks.

1. I know I need O2 extensions for the front sensors.

2. I have a Predator tuner AND a copy of LS1edit that I've never used (2 licenses, one for my Z28 and one for my LS1 truck project), so I'm planning to eliminate the rear sensors rather than bother with sims and use one or the other to reprogram and eliminate the SES light. Is there a free or VERY low-cost source for a Predator tune that will accommodate the mods listed in my sig plus the headers/ORY?

3. I don't immediately plan to eliminate the AIR system. (Why? Because I'm actually having a local shop do the work for me as I've got no time and poor facilities for doing it myself.) In the FAQ it mentions air restrictor plates, but the link is dead. (And for that matter, the link for info on AIR removal for '00-02 has no pictures, making it all but worthless.) So what do I do about this, if anything?

What else am I missing? I want (need) to be able to drive it to the shop, drop it off, and drive it away when they're done with the physical labor.

Thanks a million,
Brent