LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

shot me if you want

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shot me if you want

I know that its been ask a million times but i have to. I going to install some longtube headers. Dont know what kind yet. I want to know if the come with bongs for the o2 sensors and an area for the tube that goes from intake manifold to the exhaust manifold. If not i need a solution. Also i might install some apr head studs can the head fit under the cowl panal to slide it on with out lower the k member.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look into some Pacesetters and lay off the Bong...lol I believe what you are looking for is emission friendly LT's correct? You need the air/egr style. Pacesetter makes them.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Teching In

my bad long work day but no help bung no i would like to get rid of it
Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 PM
BTC
TECH Fanatic

Location: Lansing, MI via Bowling Green, KY, Dalton GA, Nashville, TN & Atlanta, GA
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Check out the EBay header thread.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

they are o2 bungs lol and im pretty sure every header comes with o2 bungs. You also have to get a set of emission headers for the EGR which you were referring to before or you can just buy some block off plates and get race style headers with no emissions if your area allows it. Also why do you want to put arp head studs on? are you removing the heads for a reason? Studs will definitely make it harder to get them back on if you are leaving the motor in the car
Old 03-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Banned

Don't be sorry that was good ****. So yes or no about needing emission friendly LT's? What kind of car is this going on?
Old 03-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Teching In

head gaskets are shot i already pulled the heads i thought down the road a turbo or nitro. setup not sure i just wanted to know if i would have a problem depleting that tube. When i mean tube its the metal flexable line that bolts to the back of the intake manifold so i dont confuss you or myself about what im trying to explain 96 stock z28

Last edited by 1995neon; 03-16-2009 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah that metal tube is part of your egr system (exhaust gas return). You can get block off plates for really cheap. Which is a good thing bcs from what I've read on the forum the connections on the headers for the AIR and EGR seem to wanna break. Also studs will always be better than bolts but it all depends on what you wanna do. You could always do bolts now and replace them with studs later if you decide to get real crazy. But with studs if you're keeping it in the car you will have fun trying to get your heads on
Old 03-17-2009, 06:38 AM
Launching!

That tube he is refering to goes from the back of the intake too the the passenger side exhaust manifold. and instead of buying block off plates i left the egr valve on,so i didnt have to block that hole. then the metal tube i found a plug and put some black rtv on it and slid it into the end that bolted to the exhaust manifold. so i left the tube. that just what i did and i have not had any problems with it. i have also heard other people doing it, so that why i did it that way.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

why not just buy block off plates? they are like 20 bucks...if your that much of a cheap *** to try to cut corners on a 20 dollar part then sir you have the wrong hobby
Old 03-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Launching!

I guess if you are calling me a cheap *** then you are calling quite a few people cheap asses. the only reason i did it is because i was just using what i had available. i didnt fell like paying 20 bucks for something you dont really need. my setup is working perfectly. egr is blocking that hole off and i didnt have to do anything with that and the metal tube is kept there just in case i ever sell the car and decide to put everything back to stock. so everyone has there own way of doing things. and by the way i def am not cheap when it comes to my cars and i am very good at working on cars and all that stuff. so before you call someone a cheap *** maybe you should just keep your mouth shut until you know why someone has done what they have done.