Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help me connect this solinoid to my system NX related

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Help me connect this solinoid to my system NX related

So I have been running all Dynotune and had a chance to buy a New NX system for next to nothing. Needless to say all I wanted were the solonoids from the kit since they were about 3 times the size of my Dynotune kit. The fuel noid was straight forward but the N2O noid is being a bit of a challenge. If you look at the pictures you can see that my purge and N20 noids are daisy chained with a 4an swivel fitting. Well looking at my new noid I find that "IN" on rgw NX noid is what I assume a 6an fitting???I guess I have 2 options here. One is to find a male 4an to male 6an fitting or ditch the fittingings and relocate the new solinoid to the top of the motor next to the TB and use a male 4an to male 6an 18" line. I like that idea because it will match up the location of the fuel noid and look cool. I guess my big question is: On the IN fuel side is that indeed 6an???

Old 03-18-2009, 12:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i used to have nx noids and the fuel fittings are the same on both sides. going from the fuel rail and to the noid.
i think thats what you were asking
Old 03-18-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know it is hard to see in the pictures brother but that side of the noid is much larger then the 4an output on the other side that runs to my plate.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Talking Inlet size

It looks the the inlet size is for the manifold for the pressure switch in the Gemini 2 Kit. I believe you can get the right AN fitting for your setup. The directions are at my shop, and I don't know if they have what size it is in the directions. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Help me connect this solinoid to my system NX related-nx-noids-001.jpg   Help me connect this solinoid to my system NX related-nx-noids-002.jpg  
Old 03-19-2009, 04:49 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

The soleniod inlet hole iS 1/4NPT. you can get 1/4NPT x -3AN, -4AN, or -6AN. It depends on the size of your feed line. most single nozzle/plate kits come with a -4AN feed line.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nevermind brother. I went to your website and seen it show for the fitting and called it a (filter) fitting. I happened to have a filter here with adapters on it that I was not using. I pulled one off and BAM I am good to go. Thanks

Grant thats great to hear. Do you guys actually carry them? Could I get a line custom made for this? If no line how about a link to the fitting so I can order up. I have a 4AN setup.

Last edited by teddyca; 03-20-2009 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Glad you got it taken care of. Keep in mind that if you use a filter fitting and the solenoid has a screen filter made in and then you add a inline filter you will see a huge flow restriction. So dont over filter it.
Dave
Old 03-24-2009, 03:06 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by teddyca
Grant thats great to hear. Do you guys actually carry them? Could I get a line custom made for this? If no line how about a link to the fitting so I can order up. I have a 4AN setup.
1/4NPT x -4AN
Hoses. We can make any custom length that you need. However i cannot make a line with an NPT fitting pressed on. Will be a female AN that you would connect to the fitting listed above.
Let me know if you have any other questions/concerns.