Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Main cap bolts and engine hardware for rebuilding LS1

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 01:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrow Main cap bolts and engine hardware for rebuilding LS1

I'm rebuilding a LS1 and heard the main cap side bolts should be replaced, is this necessary? It's not like that they're torqued that tight but im a LS1 noob....Where's the normal spots to get stuff like this? I get a company wholesale discount at the GM stealership so going there won't be as much as a hit...and is there somewhere I can get a complete ls1 bolt kit or some kind of way to figure out where all the stock bolts go? I basically have all the bolts scattered out and they all look the exact damn same On my stang they have different designs and can tell which it goes just by looking at it.....any tips, ideas, comments welcome
Thanks
Old 03-18-2009, 07:53 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to know this too... more so about the peripheral bolts. Mines already assembled, but all I have is a pile of crusty unsorted bolts.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

No, They do not need to be replaced. They Are Not TTY bolts like the head bolts. Gm recommends replacing the Side / Cross bolts only because they have sealant on them to prevent them from leaking. You can re-seal the side bolts with the red RTV Silicone If you chose not to buy new ones.

Quick Reply: Main cap bolts and engine hardware for rebuilding LS1