Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

P0440 code with dual Walbros

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:38 AM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0440 code with dual Walbros

Hey guys,

I did the DIY dual Walbro setup when I added the D1-SC. The evap system is unchanged and still connected to the intake manifold. The car threw a P0440 code as soon as I fired it up with the Walbros (before the blower was installed), so I added more Goop to the hole I drilled for the wires for the new pumps. I've buried those wires in Goop at this point, so I hope like hell that it's sealed. I deleted the code with a code reader, and it came back a couple weeks later.

What else could be the problem? Does boost not play well with the evap system? Do I need to just squeeze the rest of the tube of Goop on those wires?
Old 03-18-2009, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gauge
Hey guys,

I did the DIY dual Walbro setup when I added the D1-SC. The evap system is unchanged and still connected to the intake manifold. The car threw a P0440 code as soon as I fired it up with the Walbros (before the blower was installed), so I added more Goop to the hole I drilled for the wires for the new pumps. I've buried those wires in Goop at this point, so I hope like hell that it's sealed. I deleted the code with a code reader, and it came back a couple weeks later.

What else could be the problem? Does boost not play well with the evap system? Do I need to just squeeze the rest of the tube of Goop on those wires?
P0440 is a Evap code. The big o-ring that the sending unit sits on could be not sealed correctly or you may have cracked one of the plastic lines while moving things around. Whenever I do a fuel pump I always lube up that O-Ring with Vasaline befor installing the sending unit. You may a smoke machine to find the source of your Evap Leak..Hope this helps