Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

APS Twin Turbo Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question APS Twin Turbo Questions

I bought a 35mm sway bar from a member installing one of you guys kits. He sold the 35mm bar because he said it wouldn't fit with you guys' kit.

I am a motivated and inspired individual and I was thinking if I wanted it to fit, I'd make it fit. How does you guys' kits work with modified suspension f-bodies?

I want my car lowered and I want to keep my 35mm sway bar. Will it work?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Launching!

the sway bar is attached by 2 clamps, and 2 end links. worst case scenario you just have to put some spacers and new bolts in. If you want it to be then there isn't much difference in the sway bars. unless it's shaped funny it's less than a centimeter.
Old 03-19-2009, 02:08 PM
TECH Resident

Yea I put my sway bars on myself, I just don't have the turbo kit to look at. I personally wouldn't mind denting in the piping just a little to make my sway bars fit. I talked to vengeance today and they said the sway bars can be forced to fit, but they weren't sure on the lowering part.

also what kind of times in the 1/4 do aps otherwise stock f-bodies run? Top Speed?

How much are installs?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:34 PM
11 Second Club

you'll need shorter end links and spacers with longer bolts. my car is lowered and they still hit the pipes but its not as bad as it would be with the stock links and no spacers.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TNTramair
you'll need shorter end links and spacers with longer bolts. my car is lowered and they still hit the pipes but its not as bad as it would be with the stock links and no spacers.
How well does it work with the car being lowered? Is the hitting noisey and annoying? If you put even shorter endlinks would that take away your hitting?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was also thiniking you could cut the tubing where it hits and put silicone couplers and some clamps and that should also do the job. I may do that on my car or might spacer and do the endlinks.I have a big hotchkis bar currently left off as didn't want to dent the pipes.Still hearing its maybe not such a good idea to do the spacers and endlink thing.My car is dropped minimal with slp eibach springs. Think about 3/4 to 1 inch drop.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
How well does it work with the car being lowered? Is the hitting noisey and annoying? If you put even shorter endlinks would that take away your hitting?
i dont even know its hitting. it makes no noise but when i put the car up in the air i can see where it hits. i put some padding between where it hits to absorb some noise so i think it helps. i dunno about goin any shorter on the links.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Aps

I think im the one that sold you the sway bar LOL I think i had a bad welded APS drivers side pipe which sat 1'' lower then the passanger side.I ended up redoing it myself and now the pipe sits above the K member now so i actually could run the bigger sway bar now if i wanted too. Heres a pic of the drivers APS pipe that i redid.
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20APS%20pipe/
Old 03-19-2009, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MY99TAWS6
I was also thiniking you could cut the tubing where it hits and put silicone couplers and some clamps and that should also do the job. I may do that on my car or might spacer and do the endlinks.I have a big hotchkis bar currently left off as didn't want to dent the pipes.Still hearing its maybe not such a good idea to do the spacers and endlink thing.My car is dropped minimal with slp eibach springs. Think about 3/4 to 1 inch drop.
I was going to do what you said here but after thinking about it, discovered that i did'nt want the tire tearing into the silicone coupler when the tires are turned in all the way which happens to be right where the sway bar hits too,which you can see the tire marks if you look on your APS pipes .This is why i used one of those frame clearance pipes when i redid my redid APS drivers pipe. Now my tire doesnt even touch the pipe and i didnt loose any cross sectional area by using one of these pipes either as there made to flow and not restrict as other oval pipes can do
Old 03-19-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by barnat
I think im the one that sold you the sway bar LOL I think i had a bad welded APS drivers side pipe which sat 1'' lower then the passanger side.I ended up redoing it myself and now the pipe sits above the K member now so i actually could run the bigger sway bar now if i wanted too. Heres a pic of the drivers APS pipe that i redid.
http://s243.photobucket.com/albums/f...%20APS%20pipe/
man my sway bar set up is THE ****! My new brake setup is too! Just need more power now
Old 03-23-2009, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 7camaro7
man my sway bar set up is THE ****! My new brake setup is too! Just need more power now
Bitch!!LOLI knew i should have held off on that sway bar sale LOL
Old 03-24-2009, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by barnat
Bitch!!LOLI knew i should have held off on that sway bar sale LOL
hahaha, that's the way it goes

Quick Reply: APS Twin Turbo Questions