Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Exhaust block off question with Borla exhaust

Old 03-19-2009, 01:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default LS1 Exhaust block off question with Borla exhaust

I have the borla adjustable catback.. i can either have it wide open, 50% or complete block off, which forces all the exhaust gases to go through the muffler. I usually keep the complete block off plate in, it sounds much better and doesnt attract as much unwanted police attention. How much power, if any am i leaving on the table by doing this. I cannot notice a difference, but my friend seems to think it kills my top end.. what do you guys think?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

I know this has nothing to do with ur thread but i need ur help!
Can tell me what muffler comes in the Borla Cat back Setup? The reason i ask is cause i recently bought what was supposed to be a Borla cat back setup and I think i just got a damn muffler with an ugly *** welded pipe!! Is it the Turbo, Turbo XL, Pro XS?? I went to the Borla site and looked at their 2 setups and it doesnt look like any of those. The one I have is not the adjustable one, its looks more like the other one but it still differs in the placement of inlet/outlets. The outlets are even with each other on both sides (if that makes any sense). The measurments are 19"X5.5"X10.25", so it does fit on the car, but Im pissed cause he told me it was a setup bought from Borla. Its a 2.5 in & out. The muffler I have is a Pro XS.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LS1 Exhaust block off question with Borla exhaust