LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Headers thread?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 11:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Headers thread?

I haven't been on the forum long enough to remember who might have posted threads about header comparisons, and the search is still acting up a bit. Basically, if someone can link me to a thread containing one of the "what header to use" threads, I would appreciate it. Or if anyone wants to talk about it here, that is fine, I'm just sure it is one of those threads that has been beaten to death on the forum :-p

Basically, I have a mostly stock car that will eventually be getting a ported/cleaned up head w/1.6 roller rockers, mild mid range daily driver cam, it has 3.73 gears, electric water pump, stock ignition, etc. I am going to do the bolt ons before doing the top end swap. But I want a good header set up that will mate to my stock exhaust until I upgrade to like 3" and better muffler down the road. Also, one that will flow the better heads/cam set up but work with what I have stock until then...even if it is a bit much in the meantime. Basically, what headers has everyone used and worked well, lasted, etc?
Old 03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Teching In

i have a 95 z28 with pacesetter headers, ordered right out of summit then to top it off i bought the electric cutouts, go with pacesetter or hooker headers. never heard complaints about either.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Pacesetter is the best bang for your buck. I ran open headesr for a weekend right after the install and it sounded wicked loud. Luckily no Po Pos noticed.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:18 PM
Teching In

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...ml#post2682281

there is a link for the most common headers ppl have installed. i still think pacesetter is the best. hope i helped, dont forget to install the cutouts shortly after ha
Old 03-20-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks...I looked in the newbie page and didn't notice anything the first time...guess I scrolled along too fast :-p I was thinking Hookers, but didn't see anything really LT1 specific, but haven't really looked into it very heavily yet. Just starting basically. Pacesetters looked good as far as price, just didn't know about quality...I will read the sticky. Thanks guys.

*Just read through it again and I did read through quickly and it mostly just mentioned what brands are offered and what mods people like best, but there is no real "which is better/best quality/easiest install/pros/cons/etc" discussions there. Basically, I don't want to spend money on a header that is either too big, too small, or just wrong for my application or will rust out or not last. I will probably try and get the headers ceramic/jet coated, but that all depends on what setup I'm looking at and if it can stay under a certain dollar amount :-p Coatings are generally a couple hundred bucks give or take from what I have gathered, so the price of the headers without a coating vs with coatings may help me decide a bit too.

Last edited by creepingdeath94; 03-20-2009 at 01:38 PM.