Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help finding the right Rotating Assembly Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help finding the right Rotating Assembly Kit

I have a 2002 Pontiac Firehawk 5.7L V8 LS1, with no major engine modifications.
I am currently looking into upgrading my engine and looking at purchasing this kit TFS-K306-515-460 from Summit Racing.
Along with this kit I was planning on purchasing a Rotating assembly kit, but my problem is I don't know which one would work well with this kit.
My engine is not in need of a rebuild, but I would just like to know so if something does go wrong I can buy the right rotating assembly kit.
So if anyone could help me out with suggestions,I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GreekHawk02
I have a 2002 Pontiac Firehawk 5.7L V8 LS1, with no major engine modifications.
I am currently looking into upgrading my engine and looking at purchasing this kit TFS-K306-515-460 from Summit Racing.
Along with this kit I was planning on purchasing a Rotating assembly kit, but my problem is I don't know which one would work well with this kit.
My engine is not in need of a rebuild, but I would just like to know so if something does go wrong I can buy the right rotating assembly kit.
So if anyone could help me out with suggestions,I would greatly appreciate it.
As far as working with you vehicle it will work but there are many better options out there for the same price/cheaper/more expensive. Trick flow has not impressed me as of yet as far as LS1's. Good company for Fords just not sure about LS series. Check out one of our sponsors like Texas speed or Thunder Racing to see what they have. Maybe even give them a call and talk to them to let them know what your goals are and they will definately help you out. Oh yeah 515HP from that cam and heads is probably a crank HP rating not rear wheel. Just my .02 Good Luck and welcome to the board.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TFS is argueably in the top two out of the box CNC'ed heads for these motors IMO...... I luv their heads Search the dyno section and there are some guys making nearly 500rwhp on stingy dynos and 500 on the happy ones with the right cam+supporting mods

Last edited by SOMbitch; 03-20-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:31 AM
Teching In

Thank you for your posts. I originally talked to a tech from SLP and he directed me to AFR heads for my LS1 from Summit Racing. Once there I talked to one of their techs and he directed towards the Trick Flow kits. Personally I am new to engine modifications for my vehicle. So I am barely learning about compression ratios, Bore sizes, etc. for my vehicle. What I ended up doing was ordering a catalog from summit racing and going to take it to a friend who works on upgrading cars for a living. Hopefully we can piece something together that way. Again thank you for your posts
Old 03-21-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SOMbitch
TFS is argueably in the top two out of the box CNC'ed heads for these motors IMO...... I luv their heads Search the dyno section and there are some guys making nearly 500rwhp on stingy dynos and 500 on the happy ones with the right cam+supporting mods
What supporting mods we looking at here? Are you talking wheel HP or Crank HP?