Notices

wanted 2002 WS 6parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanted 2002 WS 6parts

wanted performance exhaust & engine parts...
orbitorange@hotmail.com
thanks
Old 03-20-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should probably be more specific in the parts you are looking for aside from "exhaust" and engine parts otherwise your thread might contain the entire "classifieds" section.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-classifieds-134/
Old 03-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default parts wanted..

.i need some advice on what I might need to upgrade about 75 HP from stock. what to know best headers? are OBX ok? Also what exhaust? engine upgrades... ?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while i havent tested a lot of different type of exhausts here from what i have been reading on this board that i know of that works....

find a good underdrive pulley, either SLP, ASP pulley. (if you have an automatic you will also need a alternator pulley with it)

headers, some have the OBX and say they like them. some dont. if you are on a budget Most go with pace setters and the off road y-pipe. (if you are worried about inspection www.texas-speed.com sells a catted y-pipe). if you are not on a budget. the best bang for the buck are KOOKS headers and y-pipe or Jet-hot brand.

intake, for a motor with stock cubes i would reccommend the Fast 78MM intake with throttle body.

if you have an automatic. look into getting a good stall convertor. since it seems your motor is stock you might want one somewhere in the range of 3200-3600 stall

internal upgrades, without getting into a lot of numbers and explanations and such. most people go with the good ol' TR 224 cam 224/224 .563/.563 112 LSA (from www.thunderracing.com) they offer a kit with pushrods and such you will need to do the swap. which is highly recommended

all this above, if you find someone good at tuning should net you just above 400 rwhp.

in the end dont forget.... you will prbably still need to get a rear end in the car and a decent driveshaft.

refer to this thread- it does help a lot https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...anna-fast.html