Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Bent torque arm bracket???

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Bent torque arm bracket???

I was working this evening on removing my stock rear (a new Strange 12-bolt is on the way). When I went to unbolt the front of the torque arm from the transmission, I noticed that it looks like the bracket that holds it is bent. The bracket I am talking about holds two rubber pads that are contoured to sandwich around the torque arm. But, the pads don’t line up with the shape of the torque arm.

1) Am I correct that it is actually bent? Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like? The part I suspect is not right is the bottom of the bracket. It looks like the bottom section is supposed to be horizontal but it actually slopes up at about a 30 degree angle now.
2) Is this a common problem? Is it something I did driving? In some other way?
3) I assume the replacement bracket is a dealer part? Does anyone know the correct name for it?
Old 10-20-2003, 08:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Bent torque arm bracket???

I found the answer to my first question: Yes, it IS bent based on this picture I found at installuniversity.com (the arrows are theirs):

On mine, the metal portion at the bottom (the part marked with the white, orange and purple arrows) is no longer at a right angle to the vertical section that is attached to the side of the tranny as shown in the photo.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Bent torque arm bracket???

Mine was bent also. It let the torque arm slip out of the rubber bushing. Maybe it was a year and a half of 1.60 60 fts.