Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny mount recommendations.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:54 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tranny mount recommendations.

Looking for a TH350 tranny mount...I was wondering what brand, material, etc. that I should go with. Thanks
Old 10-21-2003, 11:44 AM
9 Second Club NA

Default Re: Tranny mount recommendations.

Did a search, but the only thing that I come up with is mounts for 4L60Es. The 1LE was one of the recommendations if the car wasnt a strictly a race car simply because most of the aftermarket mounts transfer a lot of noise inside the car. Most of my car's use will be on the street, but I do plan to take it to the track about 2 or 3 times a month. I dont mind a little noise, but nothing thats going to annoy me when Im just driving it around town. What brand, material, etc. should I go with since the 1LE is out of the question? Im looking for a TH350 mount, I was told that I needed to use that particular one for a 200-4R in a late model F-body. Thanks
Old 10-21-2003, 10:42 PM
9 Second Club NA

Will a polyurethane transfer a lot of noise and would it be an ideal material for a street driven car that sees the track about 3 to 4 times out of the month? I dont know of any other kind of bushing material besides poly and rubber...but then again, Ive never really looked into it. Anyhow, still looking for suggestions...thanks.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had as ES poly mount on the T350 in my Chevelle.I drove the car on the street almost every day for a year and a couple of trips to the strip in the summer.

I noticed no difference in interior noise over the blown out stocker.

The car was pretty boomy/rattly inside to begin with though due to the exhaust .
Old 10-22-2003, 02:37 PM
9 Second Club NA

Poly seems to be my only option as far as material goes, but I dont know what brand to go with. Also, I have to make sure that I get the right one because Im using a 200-4R out of a Grand National, but will be installing it in my 2000 Camaro, but the tranny mount is for a TH350. Its acutally a univeral trans. mount, but I called Energy and they gave me their universal part number and said that I need to be careful because it may be too short or too long changing the angle of the driveshaft causing vibration. They said that I need to compare it to a stock mount, but how would you compare it when a Chevy dealerships dont even carry 200-4R parts anymore. Im not sure what to do and how to make sure that Im getting the right one, can anyone help me out? Thanks