Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solution needed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Solution needed?

I changed my LS1 valley cover to LS6. I upgraded to Carbon fiber valve covers. My question is this, I was able to run the hose from my throttle body that puts air into the engine to a fitting on the DS valve cover, How should I vent crankcase pressure? I put a K&N filter on where the oil fill is but it is already soaked with oil after a very short run. Is there a simple solution? Do I need the K&N to vent pressure from the engine or just screw to cap back on the valve cover? They are the covers offered by Scoggins-Dickey. Thanks
Old 03-22-2009, 05:34 AM
Launching!

Some one must have a solution to my breather, venting issue? Help me out?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have a breather you dont need the fresh air line from the throttle body, fresh air will get in through the air filter. Did you hook up the LS6 valley cover to a PCV valve and the intake manifold?
Old 03-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Launching!

Yes the PCV attaches to the TB and the inlet pipe on the LS6 valley cover. I still ran the hose into the valve cover like the instructions said. My problem is I have a K&N on the oil fill hole as a breather. The oil is getting flung 1nto it and then it wants to drip oil on my header. A deffinate fire hazard. Do I need the breather on the oil fill hole? What happens if the engine is not vented?
Old 03-23-2009, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

take the breather off and see what happens. You realize that the PCV line is where the crankcase pressure vents, yes? if you have excessive pressure get rid of the line for fresh air from the TB and use the breather. Take a look at your throttle body blade and see if theres any oil there.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Thank you, I did not realize some of the things you pointed out about the PCV venting the pressure. I was working on how the old LS1 setup was.