Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous vs boost(blower) for max hp on stock bottom end

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 10:41 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default nitrous vs boost(blower) for max hp on stock bottom end

i pushed my last 6.0 hard with a couple of hot 9psi and a 100shot blasts. i hit it many times with 8psi and a 75shot. now i have a new set up and am wondering if i can make as much hp with just nitrous on another stock motor. i will monitor it, tune is, fuel it... i think i was around 600rwhp before, can i do that with just a huge shot. lets say a 300shot? or is there something harsher about nitrous that would limit me on a stock motor where boost would be ok?

something to note, the compresor map shows the blower was drawing in excess of 50hp to drive at that boost level.

Old 10-20-2003, 11:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: nitrous vs boost(blower) for max hp on stock bottom end

i would. i think LS1s perfer N2O over boost. also it is easyer to tune for more power then a blower. although both sounds good also.
Old 10-21-2003, 05:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

300 directport!

stand alone fuel system with c-16!

Old 10-21-2003, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

direct port n2o but I wouldn't expect to spray a lot over a long period of time. n2o is easier on motor because you are not always spraying BUT the initial hit has pretty high cylinder pressures. I sprayed 150hp through a single nozzle for 2.5 years on top of heads/cam and ran 10.3-10.6 on a very streetable car. I finally burned a piston but it was my fault anyway....let bottle pressure get too high and it leaned out #1. Direct port is alot safer, so you could last "forever".
Old 10-21-2003, 02:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

direct port n2o but I wouldn't expect to spray a lot over a long period of time. n2o is easier on motor because you are not always spraying BUT the initial hit has pretty high cylinder pressures.
I would have to disagree a little bit. If you have a centrifical blower you won't always be boosting, and don't you get higher combustion temperatures with nitrous then with forced induction?? if so i would think the higher temps would cause more wear
Old 10-21-2003, 02:59 PM
8 Second Club

I'm hitting my stock bottom end with 240 shot. Noszle system. I will tune it in the coming months installing it as we speak. Will run c116 race fuel. Should last a while I hope.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Parish, why dont you talk to Jeff and Shane at Induction about turbocharging the stroker motor, and putting a FAST bank to bank system in it. I really think that going turbo would give you what yor looking for. Alot more stealthy because you wont have to run such a ratty cam.
I would of turbocharged my car in a second if it wasnt so damn tight under my hood. The new supercharger will be bad enough.
Old 10-21-2003, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

nitrous will give you more power if for no other reason than that it doesnt rob horsepower off the crank like a blower does. also, if you get a progressive controller you can make it "hit" as hard as you want. its also lighter and easier to tune.
the only drawback that i can see to a large shot as opposed to a supercharger is that you would be paying for alot of nitrous whenever you spray and you can only shoot so much untill you just cant displace any more nitrous. however, i *think* you could do something like a 300 or so.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:51 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Parish, why dont you talk to Jeff and Shane at Induction about turbocharging the stroker motor, and putting a FAST bank to bank system in it. I really think that going turbo would give you what yor looking for. Alot more stealthy because you wont have to run such a ratty cam.
I would of turbocharged my car in a second if it wasnt so damn tight under my hood. The new supercharger will be bad enough.
dont worry Jason, a big *** turbo will be on my truck soon enuff, just wondering how quick i can make it right now(like before the end of the year). i am going to try and do it with the factory computer too, hard to beat the stock MAF set up for driveability. who knows though, i may like a BIG shot. might have to get a bulk bottle or 2 and do my own refills if that happens.
Old 10-21-2003, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Before the end of the year?????? You plan on drag racing in between snow storms??

You are hardcore man!