Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil pressure problem... Need advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil pressure problem... Need advice

So I noticed my car is running slightly above the 40 mark on oil pressure instead of slightly below 40 while idling (which has always been the norm). It is also being just a tad wavy instead of solid in it's reading. The cars exhaust has been sounding slightly choppy at idle and on decel lately too (not sure if it matters). So today, I turn the key to the off position to take out the key and the oil pressure gauge stays where it was when the ar was turned off. Then I turn the key to ACC and the coolant temp goes up to show the current coolant temp as normal, and the oil pressure gauge drops to 0. Then when turned back to off (to remove the key) the coolant temp gauge drops to 0 as normal, but then the oil pressure gauge reads around 20 (instead of 0). So right now, the key is out of the car for the night and the oil pressur gauge as of when I left the car still reads just above 40. Anyone know whats going on? Should I be worried, and if so how do you correct this problem? Thanks very much for all help on this!

P.S. I also tried reseting the PCM w/ a friend's programmer, and even though I've had no SES light on, I had to clear a P0327 Knock Sensor code. What the h*ll... Is my car taking a dump on me? Any ideas?
Old 03-23-2009, 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nobody's had this issue before?