Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Overheating - turbo question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Overheating - turbo question

My car is overheating mostly due to the fans , but I was wondering if the hot air from my turbo(do not have an intercooler) could be compounding the problem? Also when I buy new fans how many cfm's should I be looking for? I have a 99 z28 , Griffen stand up radaitor, and a small t4 turbo. Also noticed some people cut out the front grill. I don't see how I can do this without cutting the bumper (metal piece behind the grill )is this correct? Sorry for all the questions in one post

Last edited by adam120674; 03-25-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Staging Lane

No one what's to chime in.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:57 AM
TECH Regular

Any turbo setup will increase the underhood temp,that is just what you have to deal with,that and cramped engine compartments.If you have room for them the factory fans are hard to beat.If not you want the most cfm's you can fit in with puller fans which are a lot more efficient.A lot of folks run pusher fans with good success due to lack of room.If you have the room or can make the room use the largest puller fans you can fit.You also need to keep the front air dam because it is where your car gets the most of it's cool air directed over your radiator.There is a thread called "radiators moved up and vertical" or somthing like that that you need to see.It has a lot of good info on this subject,Mabye somone can supply you with a link to this thread if you can't find it in a search.

Quick Reply: Overheating - turbo question