Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoke from exhaust?!!

Old 03-25-2009, 05:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoke from exhaust?!!

Hey

I've notice that my camaro come out white smoke from its exhaust specially when I rev it, and there's smelly as well

The mechanic at garage said maybe it's cauz of injector's they need to be cleaned by putting the the injector cleaner in the fuel tank

even my exhaust tips are black because of smoke!!

so guy's what I suppose to do?? do I have to change the injector's or just clean them?? or the problem is something else??

note: I've done overhauling on the engine before 2-3 monthe's and everything is new in it
Old 03-25-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Regular

If the white smoke issue only occurs when the engine is first fired, it could be only condensation. However, if the smoke continues after the engine has run a while and has warmed up I suspect something more serious.

White smoke out of the exhaust usually means coolant entering the combustion chamber;

Black smoke usually means over-rich fuel mixture;

Grey smoke usually means oil entering the combustion chamber.

I'd first pull the oil dipstick and see if there is any sign of oil on it. Since oil and water don't mix, you may see a white, frothy substance on the dipstick.

You can also drain the oil and see if any coolant comes out along with the oil.

You can remove the spark plugs (Yea, I know, what a PIA), then crank the engine over and watch for water being blown out of the sprak plug hole.

One of the easiest ways, and what I suggest is for you head over to AutoZone, borrow (rent for free) one of their coolant pressure testers, install and pump it up to no more than 20 psi to test your cooling system to see if it holds pressure.

If it doesn't, I'd suspect an intake manifold gasket or head gasket leak. There are other possible causes, like a cracked head or block, but a gasket problem is the most likely cause. That is unless the engine has suffered something tramatic you haven't told us about.

Hope this helps.

Jake

West Point ROCKS!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JAKEJR
If the white smoke issue only occurs when the engine is first fired, it could be only condensation. However, if the smoke continues after the engine has run a while and has warmed up I suspect something more serious.

White smoke out of the exhaust usually means coolant entering the combustion chamber;

Black smoke usually means over-rich fuel mixture;

Grey smoke usually means oil entering the combustion chamber.

I'd first pull the oil dipstick and see if there is any sign of oil on it. Since oil and water don't mix, you may see a white, frothy substance on the dipstick.

You can also drain the oil and see if any coolant comes out along with the oil.

You can remove the spark plugs (Yea, I know, what a PIA), then crank the engine over and watch for water being blown out of the sprak plug hole.

One of the easiest ways, and what I suggest is for you head over to AutoZone, borrow (rent for free) one of their coolant pressure testers, install and pump it up to no more than 20 psi to test your cooling system to see if it holds pressure.

If it doesn't, I'd suspect an intake manifold gasket or head gasket leak. There are other possible causes, like a cracked head or block, but a gasket problem is the most likely cause. That is unless the engine has suffered something tramatic you haven't told us about.

Hope this helps.

Jake

West Point ROCKS!

Thanx 4 the info it sure helped

I changed (the block,oil pump,gasket's all over(top end+bottom end),lifter's,water pump,idle pulley,steering power pulley,main cap and connecting rod bearing's,piston's ring's,facing for head's and crank shaft,pressure check for head's and there fine,valve sell's

I did all this change's cauz I discovered there's was oil in radiator and engine, also there were crack in the block's wall and sleeve

Now unfortunately I'm seeing oil in raditor agian and im very suprised after all this changin's!! that mean my money is gone (around 2800USD $) and what will be the solution for that??

tramatic>>maybe this was

Last edited by Camaro ss 2001; 03-25-2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you buy a new radiator? It may be old stuff not fulley rinse out just a though.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

no the radiator still stock, u telling me that i've to change it??

Search this Thread