Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's running a sponsor tranny???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Who's running a sponsor tranny???

Trying to decide on a tranny for my car. Who's running one of the site sponsor 4l60e's? List improvements over your previous tranny and any cons you may have. Also list what stage and what converter you are running. Thanks for any comments.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I would say between us a couple 1000 or more but someone will answer

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-26-2009, 01:03 AM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We run a Circle D 4L60E in our 2000 Camaro SS bracket car. We used to run a Circle D 4L60E in our 9 second 2001 Camaro SS before went to the Circle D Powerglide. We never broke the transmission even though we tried.lol. We even ran a transbrake in that 4L60E and it never blinked. We sold it and the guy that bought it has it behind his low 9 second turbo set up. We swapped to the PG because of traction and consistency issues. My son also runs a Circle D 4L60E in his low-low 13 second RCSB Silverado. He bracket races almost every weekend like we do. I'm not sure how they rate their levels on their 4L60Es to be honest. Our 9 second car had everything except I think the hardened output shaft. The other 2 are I guess a level 2 or 3. I know they have all the good hard parts and their custom additional capacity 3-4 clutch drum assembly as well as their own in house billet components. I'm not a transmission guy, I just try to tear them up.lol.

Your best bet is to give them a call for a list of modifications and a parts break down. They shoot straight and do it right the first time. The difference between our previous stock transmission and the Circle D built 4L60Es is amazing. They have good firm quick shifts yet are comfortable to drive every day and will take all you can throw at them.

We also run Circle D converters in everything we own.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:46 AM
12 Second Club

My flt works good. Ran it dry cuz of a busted cooler at WOT. Still works great.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Performabuilt Level 2 tranny mated to a 416ci LS3 stroker making 502whp/491lbs through a stalled, geared, built automatic.

The Performabuilt tranny is a great price and I'd bet hard earned money you will not receive better service than from Frank. If you have any questions give him a shout. He'll tell you what he recommends, help you with installs, life events, moral support, you name it.

Did I mention the tranny laughs at the 500whp? I some times hear it whisper to me.."Is that all you can send my way?" Shamelessly I'm like, well I guess I could hook you up with a 100 shot. And she's like, "bring it bitch!" My kind of girl
Old 03-26-2009, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Century Stage V 4L60E

It took 600 rwhp (H/C/150 shot) spraying out of the hole without any issues. I'm hoping it does the same when the turbo build is done.

I also run a Circle D converter which has performed excellently.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:18 PM
hashtagBMW

I am about to go put a Performabuilt trans and FTI converter in my LT1 right now, they should both perform.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

we tried 2 sponsors trannys & 2 sponsors converters.....

FLT won or vote over the other sponsors trannys they sent us........

yank & vig converters no problems with either one,they both performed flawlessly.....

good luck in your choices!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
We used to run a Circle D 4L60E in our 9 second 2001 Camaro SS before went to the Circle D Powerglide. We never broke the transmission even though we tried.lol. We even ran a transbrake in that 4L60E and it never blinked. We sold it and the guy that bought it has it behind his low 9 second turbo set up.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:39 PM
Truck Sponsor

I have had nothng but fantastic service from frank at performabuilt.We talk often,great guy.I have needed him at 1 am in thhe morning,and he was on IM.Asked him a question and he replied in 20 seconds,thats hard to beat right there IMO.
I have tuned many many trucks live and mail order with there tranny and they run perform GREAT.
Send Frank an IM,I bet you will get an answer immediatly.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JeaneGrae
Trying to decide on a tranny for my car. Who's running one of the site sponsor 4l60e's? List improvements over your previous tranny and any cons you may have. Also list what stage and what converter you are running. Thanks for any comments.
FLT tranny went just over a year ago, along with a Yank SS3200. Chuck
(FLT) is very personable and was always on time with his quotes. Same
goes for Dave at Yank. If I had to do it all over again, I'd go with a
Circle D, mostly because they are literally 20 minutes away from me,
and because of their reputation (I didn't know of them last year).

With all that said, I would definitely do business with Chuck and Dave
all over again - I always do thorough research before plunging into a
major purchase.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:23 PM
9 Second Club

PERFORMABUILT . Ran my 4L60e from Frank for over 2 1/2 years a few hundred N20 passes on it. The best tranny out there in the buisness. Pulled 1.42 60ft footbreaking on a full raceweight car with a 3500 stall and I have several low 10 sec. passes on the tranny.

Last edited by dnkynrbk; 03-26-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

another happy performabuilt customer here! i dont have as much power as these other ppl on here do or as fast...yet. but i run mid 11's and 1.6 60's and it never misses a beat. i have the lvl 2 and love it. it shifts very fast and firm! and you cant beat their customer service, that means a lot! i use to have a vigilante 4400 stall but changed it out to a 3600 for when i get spray. i dont think you can really go wrong w/ any sponsor on here, but frank at performabuilt has the best customer service and thats what sealed the deal w/me.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 PM
11 Second Club

FLT level 4 here....I researched for months before dropping the bomb and I've never looked back. I went to Illinois to pick up my tranny and was more than impressed with their operation and the customer service I received. The tranny is perfect in every way....the shifts are extremely fast but never intrusive. It gets firmer with throttle input, but never too firm. It's hard to describe, but this tranny just "feels" so much nicer and stronger than the stock unit or my first "performance" rebuild (it was a joke). Factor in the lifetime refresh special and FLT's never-ending quest to give you the best tranny possible, and it's not a hard choice. They've added some nice upgrades here lately...I almost wish mine needed a refresh just to get them. But with guys going 9's on their level 3, I think it might be a while before I'm even close to approaching the limits of this unit.

I also run a Yank PT4400 in front of it and this too is perfect for my setup. I've run two other Yank's that were flawless as well, but they weren't big enough. IMO, this converter is the perfect choice for what I was looking for. It drives great on the street, hits hard off the line, and has great topend. I ran the SS4000 before this, and the difference on topend was night and day. A lot of converters lose steam up top, but you never have to worry about that with the PT....it just never stops pulling. In fact, the topend is by far my favorite attribute of the converter. All in all, the FLT/Yank combo is a proven performer and promises to keep a smile on your face!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Launching!

I run two Performabuilt Lvl 2 60e's

one in my camaro, on in my truck.

both with Yank converters (ss4000 and pt3600 respectively)

here's my unbiased take on them.....

my truck has 408cui LQ9 producing about 500 rwhp (and weighs 5000lbs)

she's seen about 100 passes on this transmission and has gone 12.84 @ 107 on all terrain tires. there is MUCH more in the motor.. very conservative tune and no nitrous yet. I would not hesitate to spray straight through a shift on these transmissions.. the fluid volume performabuilt has going through these 60e's is superior... have had the trans out one time since installation because my teach wanted to see just how someone goes about make a anemic transmission like 4l60e strong enough to take a stroker motor.

I'm not gonna disclose exactly what tricks they use.. but I will say, and my teacher can attest to this... even the lvl2 60e from frank is about damn bullet proof. the valvebody has a few mods which I definitely will not talk about that make em move a LOT of fluid right in the correct circuits...

the car has a lvl2 as well... thats a testement to how much I trust these things.. anyone can throw a bunch of hardparts at a transmission and call it "built" but only pro's can use their R&D and expirience to really exploit the strenghts in them.

**** you should see the machine work done to the planets and pump..

I have called frank LATE.. he answered the phone, and helped me... not much better customer service than this..

hell, a tranny puked on my from performabuilt.. this is exaclty how good their customer service is.. called frank ONE time, he answered, told me to send the bad trans in.. within a few days, a new trans showed up on my door step.. NO questions asked.

that is all the gloating I can do for one night.. I seriously wouldnt run any other trans if it was given to me...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:52 AM
10 Second Club

I run a Performabuilt Lvl 2 as well. I run it with a Yank SS3600. So far it has performed amazingly. In fact this past weekend I went 11.115 with it on nitrous and it never skipped a beat. Frank over at Performabuilt has amazing customer support as well. He is always available either on yahoo to answer questions or you can give him a call. I have talked to him on Yahoo before at like 1 am on a Friday night and he is always willing to talk and help out. Go with Performabuilt and you will not be sorry. Great product and great support.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

4L60's sure have come a long way. Seems just like a short time ago they were the ten bolts of the transmission world.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:53 PM
11 Second Club

Performabuilt's are real nice, and great customer service
Old 03-27-2009, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

i purchased a performabilt from frank 4l60e lvl2 , flt was my second choice after all of my research by a hair. i literally have not driven it more than 30 miles becasue after i picked the car up from the shop i drove it home and stuck her in the garage for winter, so we shall see...............................
Old 03-27-2009, 03:48 PM
12 Second Club

I have a stage 2 extreme performance 4l60, got it from APF, after I had around 300 miles on it it started leaking fluid but Jonny took care of me and covered it all under warrenty and now it shifts great and has been sprayed around 10 times

Quick Reply: Who's running a sponsor tranny???