PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flashing SES light(Misfire)...Disable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Flashing SES light(Misfire)...Disable?

Which table/value do I change to prevent the car from flashing the SES light at idle(MS3 cam). I need to pass emissions tomorrow and this is the only thing potentially holding me back.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

probably just get a good tune...
Old 03-26-2009, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
probably just get a good tune...
Well no **** sherlock.

Or....how do I disable it for the time being(HP tuners) so I can pass emissions tomorrow?
Old 03-26-2009, 02:39 AM
TECH Regular

flashing SES is misfire- If you have a big cam or heavily modified car the car needs a good tune - if you dont then something is wrong. - Seems silly to say no ****

Car misfires when either something is wrong, or improperly tuned... shutting off the light is not "a good tune" And it shouldnt take much of any time to ge tthe car to not do that. By only disabling the SES you are doing the car a dis-service.

all that disclamer out of the way - you need to load the scanned and find out what code is beind set - write that code / codes down and go to ur tune

under engine diag - DTC codes - there are a list of all possible codes- find the ones listed from the scanner and uncheck the box for SES enable - and change the report type to " no error report "
Old 03-26-2009, 05:34 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to the misfire tables under engine diagnostics and raise up all of the numbers (other than the maxed out 32767's) by 50% or so. Some people just change them all to 32767 which essentially turns the misfires off all together... raising the numbers keeps the misfires enabled, but doesn't let "false misfires" due to the cam trigger the SES...
Old 03-26-2009, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk02ws6
go to the misfire tables under engine diagnostics and raise up all of the numbers (other than the maxed out 32767's) by 50% or so. Some people just change them all to 32767 which essentially turns the misfires off all together... Raising the numbers keeps the misfires enabled, but doesn't let "false misfires" due to the cam trigger the ses...

thank you.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BuffJoeyD
flashing SES is misfire- If you have a big cam or heavily modified car the car needs a good tune - if you dont then something is wrong. - Seems silly to say no ****

Car misfires when either something is wrong, or improperly tuned... shutting off the light is not "a good tune" And it shouldnt take much of any time to ge tthe car to not do that. By only disabling the SES you are doing the car a dis-service.
I'm going to petition the moderators to have your name changed to Captain Redundancy. Or Captain SubStandard Reading Comprehension Skills.

Because I stated clearly in the title/post that I had an MS3 cam'd car that was flashing the SES(misfire). You felt you either needed to repeat this info to me just for ***** and grins, or you never read anything in the first place and just immediately turned into LS1tech pro mechanical engineer like 85% of the other members on here.

Thanks for the info. Now I know what a misfire is.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I got the misfire issue cleared up.

It still won't complete 3 of the "Per Trip" tests. Evap system, O2 Heater, and something else. And it threw a P0121 code randomly today.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by b00sted
Well I got the misfire issue cleared up.

It still won't complete 3 of the "Per Trip" tests. Evap system, O2 Heater, and something else. And it threw a P0121 code randomly today.
Make sure the DTC has the SES enable box checked, but 3 - No error reported for the codes. This will allow it to the per trip tests.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow67
Make sure the DTC has the SES enable box checked, but 3 - No error reported for the codes. This will allow it to the per trip tests.

I did that for the O2 Heater test and it passed right away. I just did that for the EVAP codes and the Secondary Air codes...SO I'm gonna go write this tune and drive it and see if at least one passes.

I can pass the emissions test if only one code is still incomplete...So hopefully it works out.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, it completed all the tests and passed the emissions testing. The guy told me it sounded wicked, and it was shaking the whole booth white I was standing in there....Lol.

But all is well, thanks for the help.