Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Adjustable or Non adjustable?
adjustable is worth the extra money and u will use the adjustments!
89.47%
non adjustable... u wont ever use the adjustments... they r a waste of money
10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Adjustable or non adjustable?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Adjustable or non adjustable?

what would u guys prefer... are the fully adjustable suspension pieces like LCA's and everything worth it? is it worth the extra $$? they r pretty expensive compared to the non adjustable stuff... are they difficult to adjust? would i ever use them? i have a bolt on only LT1 that i plan to get 11's out of its a street car right now but mayb about 5 years down the road it will become a full time track car... right now it sees the track 5-10 times a year....

just a vote on in your honest opinion if you prefer adjustable or non adjustable...

thx tony
Old 03-26-2009, 01:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Adjustable
Old 03-26-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Regular

adjustables are well worth it you can feel the difference just holding them you start turning the ***** you cant pull out on the shock no more.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not only adjustible but SOLID ROD ENDS and CHROMOLY!! If youre going to race much get rid of the bushings. Makes for a harsh street ride but takes any mush out of the suspension. And go with the extra cost of moly do it once, do it right
Old 03-26-2009, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
Not only adjustible but SOLID ROD ENDS and CHROMOLY!! If youre going to race much get rid of the bushings. Makes for a harsh street ride but takes any mush out of the suspension. And go with the extra cost of moly do it once, do it right
thats what i was thinking but im in college and poor lol
Old 03-26-2009, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Do it right the first time so you don't have to spend the money later. Adjustable is worth the money. You will always have to adjust your rear to center it and an Adjustable torque arm is great because you will be able to set you pinion angle. You just have more options with adjustable. I know I bought non adjustable LCA's and now I wish that I bought adjustable ones so that I could move my axle a bit forward on one side and back on the other its a little off. Just my .02
Old 03-26-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
thats what i was thinking but im in college and poor lol
I was there too... one step at a time. Nothing worse than spending hard earned money only to have to re-spend.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony def all chromoly adjustable go for it.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I originally purchased all non adjustable stuff and it served it's purpose for a while. But I'm replacing them now because I need to make adjustments to center the tires and axle. If your budget is that tight you can get by for a while on the cheaper parts, but if you do continue to upgrade and race the car you will most likely be swapping for adjustable components later on.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:44 AM
11 Second Club

yea i think im just gonna buy one part at a time... all chromemoly and adjustable...i've had many guys try to talk me out of it, but i orgionally planned on doing it this way from the beginning... im a very FIRM believe in do it once and do it right...
Old 03-27-2009, 08:49 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

All our stuff is adjustable, CM, and rod ended. We are also no more expensive on a lot of stuff that is not. 5% off right now too.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

The only things I've added so far are subframes, springs and an adjustable panhard. A double adustable, on car unit is probably pretty cool, but I have the single. You undo the driver side bolt, let it hang and take a crescent wrench to it. Very very simple and no hassle at all. I mean, how many times are you going to center the rear?

It took all of 10 minutes to center mine after putting her on Sportlines.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:08 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Anything changed without going to adjustable is a waste unless you are replacing a worn out stock piece.

The adjustable parts are what gets a car going down the track strait. I'm sur eyou have seen a car that pulls to one side or another, that's because it's not lines up right/suspension isn't set square to the front and chassis.

If it's not right with the stock pieces, putting ones on that have no give in the bushings will make the situation worse.

Rod ends for any type of race car are a must IMO, that is what gives you the bind free suspension movement that is key to getting a car to leave right. Sure ther's noice, but when your foot is to the floor you can't hear it anwyay.

Spend a little more up front, or end up buying twice... buy the right ones the furst time and it's cheaper in the long run.

Control arms, I'd get some offset ones like madman's, so that way you have added tire clearnace for later on.

If ya need any advise.... shoot me a PM
Old 03-27-2009, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

Adjustable hands down!
Old 03-28-2009, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ATwelveSec02Z28
I have a Midwest 9" and I also went with Eric's lca and panhard.... both were adjustable... moly... and heim jointed (solid ends).

I hated the noise those parts transmitted into the car...

If you have a 10 sec. or faster "race" car, then maybe use these type of parts... otherwise, stick with something with a poly bushing unless you just like a painful amount of noise...

I went with NON-adjustable BMR lca and adjustable BMR panhard... because the panhard needs to be adjusted when the car is lowered (which I am about to lower my car 1").

However, BMR will tell you that unless you're running a huge (tall) tire on the back adjustable lca really isn't necessary... so I went with the non-adjustable lca and I like them a lot...

Good luck.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

i agree adjustable chromoly do it right the first time. now that im actually building my car into a racecar im having to replace things that ive already bought once but didnt spend the money for the best parts now im spendin more then i would if i bought the best the first time
Old 03-28-2009, 02:54 PM
11 Second Club

yea i think i will buy adjustable and chrommoly but will stick with poly bushings... shes still a street car and dosent put any serious power down...
Old 03-28-2009, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CamaroRacing12
yea i think i will buy adjustable and chrommoly but will stick with poly bushings... shes still a street car and dosent put any serious power down...
Maybe consider Spohns with 1 poly end, and the other is a heim. The bushing end bolts to the body mount, and the heim to the rear. Theyre a very good compromise between race and street.

Not sure if anyone else makes LCA's like that or not, but look around.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whatever you do decide to get make sure to check out UMI performance their parts are top notch and great customer service!
Old 03-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Teching In

another vote for adjustable here.