Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 coil packs

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 coil packs

Will the coil packs off of a ls silverado work for the car and what's the difference and are they better or worse.any info would help thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 10:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some claim that the round truck coils are better for performance application. This has never been substantiated however. The only substantiated differences are said to be asthetic (shape and mounting position) and due to to different suppliers/manufacturers. Later to earlier model vehicles have different plug angles and directions. But this can be overcome with adaptors. The problem with the stock coil seems to be with dwell in boosted applications. This is overcome through tuning. I'm not certain that the dwell is covered in other tuning programs or handhelds. But the Diablosport, mine at least, doesn't cover this mod. I have installed the MSD coils on a few LS engines and they become more valuable to your build as more mods are added. In other words, if you can find them cheap enough, buy 'em. lol