Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? On fuel pump upgrade for nitrous on my car

Old 03-26-2009, 11:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? On fuel pump upgrade for nitrous on my car

First a little info on my setup, its an Lq9, stock bore, Eagle rods, Diamond racing 9.5's, absolute speed 2.5 ported/milled 5.3 castings, comp 239/242 ..617/.629 114LSA, Ported to the max FAST 78 intake, FAST 36# injectors, etc. Compression is prob up 1 pt static (10.5). I havent had the car on the dyno to tune or check AFR, but i'm curious if my stock fuel pump will handle a few 150 shot hits of Nitrous. I know everyone will prob say go ahead and upgrade, but I don't want to if I don't have to right now, as i've spent way too much over the winter on this sucker to warrant too many more things to buy.

its not that the car don't make enough power, i'm just curious how it would react to at least a 150 shot, possibly 200 on a single nozzle wet kit since I have a couple laying around.

Car is gonna scream already, had enough power to grenade my all billet 4l60e at the shootout, first pass on new trans. Only had 1st gear and some of 2nd once it finally shifted, and still went 11.71 @ like 55mph Stood up pretty dang far off footbrake, and its never seen a AFR reading. (the tune is ****)

Over the winter i've installed a TH350 from TCI w/ a brake, 4600 PTC converter, Spohn drag bar, etc. Car is a drag car only, 9i w/ 4.86 gear!, all suspension components and 10pt cage, I bought some Slicks to use this year along with my 325/50 mickeys too. Race weight is 3378. I'm almost positive it will run 10.50s w/ no N2o, so I was going to try a couple hits towards the 9s this year a few times maybe at some outlaw races. Will be tuned for both N/A and Nitrous before I hit the track, i'm taking it to HPH in bowling green, KY before I do anything else.

I'll stop typing now, i'm just excited after fighting blowing up the cam only setup and 2 transmissions last year, and finally getting the thing back together has my mind racing.

Thanks for any input
Old 03-27-2009, 08:44 AM
FormerVendor

I'll be the party pooper. No it will not suffice.

Nick

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU
First a little info on my setup, its an Lq9, stock bore, Eagle rods, Diamond racing 9.5's, absolute speed 2.5 ported/milled 5.3 castings, comp 239/242 ..617/.629 114LSA, Ported to the max FAST 78 intake, FAST 36# injectors, etc. Compression is prob up 1 pt static (10.5). I havent had the car on the dyno to tune or check AFR, but i'm curious if my stock fuel pump will handle a few 150 shot hits of Nitrous. I know everyone will prob say go ahead and upgrade, but I don't want to if I don't have to right now, as i've spent way too much over the winter on this sucker to warrant too many more things to buy.

its not that the car don't make enough power, i'm just curious how it would react to at least a 150 shot, possibly 200 on a single nozzle wet kit since I have a couple laying around.

Car is gonna scream already, had enough power to grenade my all billet 4l60e at the shootout, first pass on new trans. Only had 1st gear and some of 2nd once it finally shifted, and still went 11.71 @ like 55mph Stood up pretty dang far off footbrake, and its never seen a AFR reading. (the tune is ****)

Over the winter i've installed a TH350 from TCI w/ a brake, 4600 PTC converter, Spohn drag bar, etc. Car is a drag car only, 9i w/ 4.86 gear!, all suspension components and 10pt cage, I bought some Slicks to use this year along with my 325/50 mickeys too. Race weight is 3378. I'm almost positive it will run 10.50s w/ no N2o, so I was going to try a couple hits towards the 9s this year a few times maybe at some outlaw races. Will be tuned for both N/A and Nitrous before I hit the track, i'm taking it to HPH in bowling green, KY before I do anything else.

I'll stop typing now, i'm just excited after fighting blowing up the cam only setup and 2 transmissions last year, and finally getting the thing back together has my mind racing.

Thanks for any input
Old 03-27-2009, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nick@HSW
I'll be the party pooper. No it will not suffice.

Nick
i was pretty sure I was SOL, haha
Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ZTwentyAteU
i was pretty sure I was SOL, haha
Sorry, but I'd rather be up front and honest with you rather than stringing you along. Swap the pump with a walbro 255 w/ hotwire kit and you'll be good.

Nick

Search this Thread