Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH350 users, what part number for the tranny mount

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 10:08 AM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TH350 users, what part number for the tranny mount

Looking for a TH350 tranny mount and was wondering which one works for our cars with no or little modifications. Thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 10:42 AM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: TH350 users, what part number for the tranny mount

I believe you can use a stock style poly mount and then put a large spacer, 1.25 to 1.5" thick between the mount and the tranny. I'm not 100% certain on the TH350 as I am the 400, so take a look and see.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:44 PM
9 Second Club NA

I called Energy Suspension and they told me not to use their mount, but then I specified that I was needing a universal GM mount particularly for a TR350. He said that I needed to be careful because if the heighth is not correct, then it could change the angle of the driveshaft throwing it out of balance causing vibration. Do they have a tranny mount that will work for me? I need it for a TH350, but its also a universal mount, but will be correct as far as height goes. Thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 04:44 PM
The Bull

You're not getting it. You use a standard mount, then you shim the difference between the tailshaft height, where it needs to be, and where the flat piece of metal is on the trans mount. Everything will line up perfectly if you do it right.

No one sells a tranny mount that you need because your transmission cross member is completely different than the cars of the past that used the 350. You could try something like the BMR cross member which might get you close, but you still might have to shim it. Or you could use the stock crossmember and "shim" the gap between where the mount needs to be. In all honesty, you will have to shim any mount you get, universal or not, to the transmission. This will make sure that you get the height correctly setup and avoid the issues that Energy Suspension warned you about. Trust me, my TH400 is done this way as are numerous others. It's not a problem and it works fine. When you get it together and you put the mount up in there it will definitely click as to how you do it. Just use a standard poly transmount and you'll be all set.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:10 PM
9 Second Club NA

Sorry I didnt point this out before, I will be using my stock M6 crossmember, but I will have to enlongate the holes 1/2" forward and use the spacers provided by Mike that he has fabbed up for this particular conversion. He said that I will need to use a TH350 trans. mount, but he didnt specify what brand or part number. He didnt mention anything about having to shim anything, but then again I didnt ask. This whole thing is driving me insane because everything is so complicated. Just when I think I have all my answers and parts, I give the manaufacturers a call, and then everything is all thrown off.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:33 PM
The Bull

Mine is an M6 mount as well, nothing to fear. Just put the stock style mount up in there and take a look. Everything should line up, there will be a small gap between the trans and the mount if you keep the mount on the crossmember.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:45 PM
9 Second Club NA

So you used your stock M6 trans. mount? If so, thats where the spacers come in? Have the spacers you used been holding up? Is it a stock rubber mount or stock mount but made of polyurethane? Thanks
Old 10-22-2003, 08:27 PM
The Bull

It's a stock style poly mount. The spacer is as big of a rectangle as the mount with some through holes in it. It's 1.25" thick and I used rectangular tubing to make it. It will outlast the trans mount that's for sure.