Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

2 pumps

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 pumps

what is every bodys opinion on running two intank pumps at a time.....or the second pump coming on with the nitrous.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm going to run two. One for the motor and the second when I power on either kit.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lot's people do it, with aftermarket rails and switching to a return style system they can support 1000 hp.
I'm running two, with the second pump activated with a hobbs switch when I get into boost.
Old 03-27-2009, 06:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have vic rail and #8 line from the tank and #6 giong back. what i noticed with one pump on the psi is44 and the second pump on will brings it up to 48 psi.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by calongo_SS
Lot's people do it, with aftermarket rails and switching to a return style system they can support 1000 hp.
I'm running two, with the second pump activated with a hobbs switch when I get into boost.
How does that work? I'd like some more information on that if you don't mind.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:38 PM
10 Second Club

I have a hobbs switch set at 4 psi. I have it hooked connected to a vacuum manifold where it will see boost. It's a normally open switch, when it sees 4 psi it closes and turns the second pump on. I bought the wiring harness, it has two relays, the hobbs switch goes on the low side of one of the relays.
Old 03-28-2009, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a hobbs switch set at 4 psi. I have it hooked connected to a vacuum manifold where it will see boost. It's a normally open switch, when it sees 4 psi it closes and turns the second pump on. I bought the wiring harness, it has two relays, the hobbs switch goes on the low side of one of the relays.
Do you have the two pumps mounted parallel, or are they mounted inline? Could you post a drawing of the setup you are using and the parts? This is a relatively uncharted part of an FI install...
Old 03-28-2009, 04:31 PM
10 Second Club

It's a pretty common setup. You can buy the whole thing ready to go from Lonnies Performance, or Nasty N8. It's 2 walbro/bosch 255 lph in tank pumps in parallel (they T or V together into the feed line). For simplicities sake you should at least buy a pre-manufactured wiring harness for two pumps, then you can buy two pumps and rig them together yourself if you don't want to buy the whole setup ready to go.
It's not recommended to run both pumps full time on the street, it's way to much pump. You can have the second pump activated by a Hobbs switch when you get into boost. Just make sure you get a real Hobbs switch and not a knock off, you need it to reliable.

Read this:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...ick-cheap.html
Old 03-29-2009, 01:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

It's a pretty common setup. You can buy the whole thing ready to go from Lonnies Performance, or Nasty N8. It's 2 walbro/bosch 255 lph in tank pumps in parallel (they T or V together into the feed line). For simplicities sake you should at least buy a pre-manufactured wiring harness for two pumps, then you can buy two pumps and rig them together yourself if you don't want to buy the whole setup ready to go.
It's not recommended to run both pumps full time on the street, it's way to much pump. You can have the second pump activated by a Hobbs switch when you get into boost. Just make sure you get a real Hobbs switch and not a knock off, you need it to reliable.

Read this:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...ick-cheap.html
Thanks Colongo_SS! You ROCK!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where did you get the dual wire harness?
Old 04-23-2009, 06:04 PM
10 Second Club

I bought it used, but racetronix sells one, nasty performance, and lonnies performance sell them also I believe.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought it used, but racetronix sells one, nasty performance, and lonnies performance sell them also I believe.
They don't sell the dual harness seperately do they?
Old 04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperC1
They don't sell the dual harness seperately do they?
Not at this time.

For what Lonnie charges for a complete system it is hard to justify a DIY setup really.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 04-24-2009, 12:31 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetronix
Not at this time.

For what Lonnie charges for a complete system it is hard to justify a DIY setup really.
I agree. Its not worth trying to butch one up to save a few bucks. if you have the need for 2 pumps, Im willing to bet you have a little bit of time, effort, and money in your setup

I bought my double pumper assembly/harness from Lonnies, and its a nice piece, not something I would care to engineer/design myself, when its already done, and the price is right.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Louis
I agree. Its not worth trying to butch one up to save a few bucks. if you have the need for 2 pumps, Im willing to bet you have a little bit of time, effort, and money in your setup

I bought my double pumper assembly/harness from Lonnies, and its a nice piece, not something I would care to engineer/design myself, when its already done, and the price is right.
X2
I just put my dual pumps in from lonnie last week, The quality was great.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...ual-pumps.html
Old 04-24-2009, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Any pics of the setup from Lonnies, I would definately like to see the final product before I dropped $600 bucks on the table. The few pics I've seen on the board just look like somebody took a jigsaw and chopped the the bucket up. The only other setup I saw that looked really decent was the APS kit. I'm not sure what's so hard about making/selling a wire harness for a dual setup if they are already making them for the single kits.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

http://mycarpics.shutterfly.com/244
Brand new sending unit that I sent to lonnie. You can pull what you have in the tank and send him that if the bucket hasn't been changed, I had cut the bottom off my original bucket so I had to get a new one. Racetronix double pumper harness in the middle, hobbs switch on the right. There are 2 walbro's in the stock sending unit.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

All I can see is the bottom of the bucket on your pic, do you have any more?
Old 04-24-2009, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

These are all I have.

Last edited by conan; 04-26-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Remove pic's
Old 04-24-2009, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've already dropped my tank and pulled the sending unit, just trying to decide which route I want to go. Thanks for the pics.