Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What could be wrong with my bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 01:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What could be wrong with my bottle?

I had my bottle filled, i went to warm it up two weeks later and had the bottle bakeing where it normially would be at 1200psi but the best i could get was 850psi. I assumed my gauge was off. I took the lines out of the intake and sprayed and only air came out with a little nitrous mixed in. Dureing that 2-3 weeks i did crack open the bottle right after the fill but shut it off right away. I forgot about it and got the bottle filled the very next day. But not before i let a buddy who is a pretty big nitrous guru take apart the handle area and look at it and he said everything looked fine and refilled the bottle.

It was another two weeks before i took it to the track and same thing happend. No psi, and mostly air in the bottle. I do not believe it is a bad fill. I didnt freez the bottle and he warmed the larger bottle when feeling my bottle so it may not be the smoothest fill but it has worked before the last two times. What could be wrong with my bottle,my guess is a VERY slow leak somewhere.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What could be wrong with my bottle?

What does the bottle weigh? Are you sure the nitrous fill station is getting the bottle to its proper weight during filling?

About the only thing that ever goes wrong with the bottle is a leak. My 15lb. bottle had a leaky fitting once, but you could here a slow leak if you put your ear up to it. I suspect your fill station may be screwing up on the bottle fill. Check the weight of the bottle.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What could be wrong with my bottle?

Mix a little dish soap with water and use it as bubble spray for leak detection. If you have a leak you will get bubbling around leak. We do this at work all the time, works very well and you can do it at all your fittings as well.