Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Speaker help

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker help

My speakers have a lot of crackling too them. it only happens every once and a while though. sometimes they will fade out and fade back in. It's really weird. They just started doing it when i just pulled out my aftermarcket CD deck just to look look at something an when i put it back in i started having these problems. I never unhooked the wires or anything so i have no idea what i did, but its getting really anoying. Oh and by the way i just replaced the rear speakers a couple of days ago and still have the same problem
Old 03-30-2009, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

maybe you pulled the wires loose. did you go back and make sure they were in tight?
Old 04-01-2009, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

ok so i finally got some time to look into it and i found out that everytime my RCA's? (wires that run from amp to deck) touch any other wires to my cd deck, it shorts it out. Today on my way to school all the speaker stopped working but my subs still had full bass. The speakers would kick back on every once in a while, but i finnally just shut it all off. I think im going to wrap the wires from my amp to the deck in electrical tape, Will this help or should i try to re-route it so that they dont touch anything?
Old 04-01-2009, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you should get some new rca's from amazon or something. They definitely aren't shielded properly.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

at the time they were just the cheap ones b/c i didn't have much money on me when i was installing my system. I got it now to where it isnt doing it, but it probably only a matter of time. So will the rca's fix this problem?
Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

oh and what brand would you get? Im not too big on stereo stuff, that why i had somone else install it. I figured they would do it right but i guess not.